Hammer draws first blood

So, I went hunting last night with the hammer and my AGM Rattler TS 25 thermal. While I was walking into the stand, I ran into a big sow. I shot her at around 20 yards, but she ran off. I think I hit her a little high, I saw a couple jets of blood fly off her in the thermal. It was a quartering towards me shot and she was starting to run when I shot. If I would have held still she would have come right into us, but I made a noise to get her to stop. Probably should have spooked her away, but it was an instant decision. The land owner has cows on the property and the pigs tear things all up. They just want them eradicated.

I spent a couple hours trying to find her, but to no avail. Very frustrating. It happened so fast I never hit record on my scope. It was such a night of calamity! 

My brother went on to the stand overlooking the feeder and he could have gotten a shot at a boar, but he is not very familiar with my airguns and when he tried to cock my power tuned Dragon Claw, the safety was on and he couldn't cock it! I later showed him, but it was too late, no more pigs came back. 

I sat at the stand for a while after not being able to find my sow and I ended up shooting a racoon. They like to eat a lot of the corn and there are 3 or 4 fat ones that keep showing up. I figured I would lessen the population by 1 and I did get that on video, but I need to setup a youtube account and upload the video. The racoons are smart and will stand up and spin the feeder to get it to drop out more corn. 

Hopefully the next time out goes better!

A couple of pics that I did manage to take. 

Racoon spinning the feeder.

EZVZ0049.1643045458.JPG

Hog under feeder, but brush was in the way.

Hard to get into the stand that is 50 yards from the feeder with hogs already there.

EZVZ0040.1643045610.JPG

Yeah, a 385 grain Mr. Hollowpoint.

Unfortunately, I didn't go find it. It went flipping off into the bushes after the shot. I tried to shoot 2 of them when they lined up, but they moved at the last second.

It was close to freezing here last night and we aren't used to that. Ice was forming on my case when I got back to the truck and put the hammer away.

Yeah, a 385 grain Mr. Hollowpoint.

Unfortunately, I didn't go find it. It went flipping off into the bushes after the shot. I tried to shoot 2 of them when they lined up, but they moved at the last second.

It was close to freezing here last night and we aren't used to that. Ice was forming on my case when I got back to the truck and put the hammer away.

A 385 grain pill?! I imagine that may have created a wound channel you can see through. 

This weather has been something with these cold fronts moving in and out. I didn’t think Florida got too cold, so I can imagine what you’re going through. I’ve been using cold mornings to test some of my hunting guns to see how’d they’d perform. What’s your impression of the Hammer so far? How’s the recoil? Do you get more than two shots per fill?

I posted the video on Youtube. It is my first posting and no editing or sound. Maybe next time?

The Rattler doesn't record sound.

Yeah, I should have shot before they moved. I wanted to hit both of them but they decided to move right when I was breaking the shot. Oh well.

The shot is at about 1:00 if you want to skip ahead.

https://youtu.be/xpgfKfVLOAQ