Halo Ammunition might be REAL

Lovely table ornament.

I look forward to the paid youtubers and influencers raving and gushing over their freebies a few weeks before real people are able to buy them and report real results.

That's the cycle, right?

I know I sound cynical, but these commercial dance shows do get a bit exhausting.

Cynical? Hardly. Just have experience dealing with the hyper hyping of the hype. I wonder if FX is familiar with the story of the boy who cried wolf?

As large as they keep trying to make the cavities on these slugs, I can just turn a pellet around and get the same effect. Particularly between the 20-30yd range where they would be most accurate. Cheaper, too!

This is good advice. 👍🏼

However, there is the issue of the hollow point expansion: HP's won't expand at low impact velocities:
Good expansion is typically achieved at 800fps impact velocity.
At 700fps there is usually some expansion.
Below that expansion is not guaranteed, and gets progressively less.

And to achieve those kind of impact velocities, not just a high muzzle velocity is necessay — but a high BC that maintains a high percentage of the muzzle velocity out to the impact.

And it is HERE where the idea of a slug with an extremley wide and deep hollow point shines! Because as slug it has a high enough BC to keep up the velocity.

● Typical wide hollow point pellet: Crow Magnum:
18.21gr | 0.012* BC | ME 35FPE | MV 931fps
IV (impact velocity) at 20y: 736fps
at 30y: 665fps
at 50y: 548fps
*BC from HardAir Magazine, realistic for such a high MV

● Wide hollow point slug, as the Halo:
20.00gr* | 0.050 BC* | ME 35FPE | MV 888fps
IV at 20y: 837fps
at 30y: 813fps
at 50y: 772fps
*Weight and BC are just a guesstimate.