Half day today before the long weekend....

... And I am going to the range with the Alpha 🐺 and the new Taipan Shorty!!!!

What a great way to kick off a celebratory weekend!

289096080_426568656029332_4129047850468190821_n.jpg

Have fun man, and enjoy the Holiday!!

We expect a report on that little sweetheart of a Taipan next week!

Oh you will get one, I am going to be zeroing it in at 35 yards today and possibly trying to see how far I can shoot it accurately. All from my new Athlon Midas CF32 Tripod.

Hopefully sunday I will have put some body count on it over at my buddies property!

Great day , lot of fun at the range with my good friend.

Figured a lot out and the Taipan compact is a tried and true killer. Just like my veteran long, the consistency and accuracy is unreal.

The compact was breaking clay pigeons on the 130 yard birm , yes it was (didnt say it was grouping well at 130 but it was hitting those pigeons and breaking em) . It was also stacking pellets on my krl target system. Which is more than I can say for my alpha 🐺 trying to shoot slugs so the alpha 🐺 is leaving my possession, it just won't do what I wanted it to do.

Shot string is my taipan
20220701_131350.jpg
20220701_122228.jpg
Screenshot_20220701-145152_FX Radar.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio
That is solid consistency, but then again, Taipans usually deliver. Congrats on the new performer!

Sorry to hear that the Alpha did not meet expectations or needs....

It's all a learning experience man, it's a fantastic rifle. Just not for me.

Wish I kept my Veteran Long and bought my compact instead of buying the alpha ... oops 😬

nice shooting wonderful range also , are the trees ALL sides ? good wind break

Yes sir, they do a pretty good job at blocking the wind but to the left side there's a big pond, forestry is thin on that side. The wind is usually a problem from that side but not too much of an issue from the right.

Also thank you