Hairline Crack in Block on Wildcat MkIII. Anyone else have this issue?

A month or two ago my Wildcat started losing air from where the air chamber screws into the block. I could feel air leaking from that area, so assumed it was something simple like an O-ring. So a call to FX and I got a couple of the O-rings under warranty and ordered a complete O-Ring kit just in case. Fast forward two months and I've been busy doing other things and this evening I decided to finally take a look at it and swap out the O-rings. Changed both the rings in that location and it was still leaking air. Upon closer inspection the O-ring isn't the issue, but I can see a tiny, hairline crack in the threads on the block. :( Anyone ever had this issue? If so, what could cause such a problem and how was FX about repairing it? I'm kicking myself now for procrastinating in taking a look at it.

Reactions: Stone02
Thought I'd follow up on this as I forgot I had posted. I ended up sending my Wildcat in to FX around the middle of November and they sent it back to me in the middle of December. So about a 4 week turn around time, which is pretty good IMO. They didn't include any details at all of what they actually did to the gun, but I can tell they replaced the receiver as it now has a different serial number. Now I just have to find the time to chase some critters with it. :cool:

Last edited: