• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Haenel Model III DRP - Lack of Markings

Not sure what to say or make of this pre-WWII Haenel Model III DRP at the moment, other than its markings are much different than the ones on my older Model III.

This rifle has none of the typical stampings in the known locations such as there is only a small z on the underside of barrel where the mm/yy stamp is normally located. No caliber stamping on top of breach block, but it is a .22 caliber. There is a stamp on the compression tube which is 967, this stamp is consistent with my other model III built in 10/27., which is the only stamp location the two share. This rifle has a much longer stamp on the back of the trigger block cap 31967, with the last three digits matching the compression tube numbers. On my older rifle the three numbers on the compression tube match the three numbers on the trigger block.

Knowing the DRP is pre-war mark, my assumption is the mm/yy mark moved to the trigger block and assume this rifle was manufactured in about 9/31 (September 1931), but again this is a guess.

Resized_20240221_164739.jpeg

Resized_20240221_164619.jpeg

Resized_20240221_164749.jpeg

Resized_20240221_164718.jpeg

Last edited: