• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Haenel 303 Super

Your best bet is probably going to be on ePay.

You could register at the AVA discussion forum and ask there

If you can hold out until the next Roanoke airgun show, you could source one there pretty easily.

Here is a visual tutorial in case you have to perform any maintenance

The last Haenel diopter sights that I remember seeing for sale, were offered up on eBay by one of the Eastern European parts sellers earlier this year.

What is the dovetail spacing on a 303?
Base is 9.5-10mm! A seller from Kharkov UA sells diopters for Haenel 312, they do not fit on 303, there are not enough vertical adjustments. The original diopter sight 303/311 looks different, it is identical to the Haenel 311 sight. An open sight from Haenel 303, 311 is not realistic to buy and it is very expensive. You will not find the original rear sight on this rifle.

DSCN8793.JPG

DSCN9229.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio
rear sight and diopter are two different things and both are hard to find
The price is about the same, the rear sight is harder to find. This rear sight is almost as accurate as a diopter. Haenel 311-04 often came with both a rear sight and a diopter, but the rifle itself is very rare. Not to be confused with the regular Haenel-311

Last edited:
Is there a new Roanoke airgun show I don't know about?

The German auction site eGun is the mother lode of old sights, if you can figure out how to get someone to ship to you. It's pretty much impossible to get a gun shipped for any reasonable cost nowadays, but some sellers will work with you on small stuff like sights. Usually a selection of Haenel stuff there.

www.egun.de

Search for Kimme (blade front sight), Korntunnel (tunnel front sight), Visier (open rear sight), or Diopter (match rear sight).

Last edited:
Is there a new Roanoke airgun show I don't know about?

The German auction site eGun is the mother lode of old sights, if you can figure out how to get someone to ship to you. It's pretty much impossible to get a gun shipped for any reasonable cost nowadays, but some sellers will work with you small stuff like sights. Usually a selection of Haenel stuff there.

www.egun.de

Search for Kimme (blade front sight), Korntunnel (tunnel front sight), Visier (open rear sight), or Diopter (match rear sight).
Have you ever used Egun yourself? They won’t sell anything in to USA unless you have a high rating. In addition, almost all sellers there only accept secure payments such as Swift, which is unsafe for the buyer. US customs holds parcels for 1.5 months. Delivery costs from 40 euros. Sights these designs are there once a year, they go for an unrealistic price, no one will give them away in the USA. I have been using Egun frequently for 15 years, and there is no chance of buying anything cheap there,but meeting a scammer is absolutely possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: MDriskill
Shows how much attention I pay.....
Roanoke rang a bell is my only excuse, apologies for that.

I have purchased from sellers on Egun.
I have had items shipped direct and through an intermediary . The only hassle I had with customs was the dwell time in New York.
It is not easy, and due dilligence must be paid, but it is doable. A working knowledge of the German language helps immensely, or a friend who is fluent.
The warning expressed about payment methods is valid, and you should be very careful when dealing with payment systems unfamiliar to you.

Hickory is the Airgun show to go to !

Reactions: beerthief
Have you ever used Egun yourself? They won’t sell anything in to USA unless you have a high rating. In addition, almost all sellers there only accept secure payments such as Swift, which is unsafe for the buyer. US customs holds parcels for 1.5 months. Delivery costs from 40 euros. Sights these designs are there once a year, they go for an unrealistic price, no one will give them away in the USA. I have been using Egun frequently for 15 years, and there is no chance of buying anything cheap there,but meeting a scammer is absolutely possible.
I bought quite a bit of stuff from eGun for 8 or 10 years; up until about 6 or 8 years ago - about 10 rifles, and interesting small things like sights and bags of parts. And yes, as you and Chuck-iin-Ohio noted, sending bank account numbers back and forth is a rather unnerving way to pay! But the transactions were done securely, directly between banks, and I never had a problem. Back then my bank charged the same fee regardless of amount, but things could have changed.

My understanding is that the German postal service is privately owned by DHL, which sets shipping rates. These apparently underwent a major increase for large heavy items at some point. I haven't gotten anything at all from eGun in years, but some sellers do still list sights, etc., for "international shipping."

FWIW...buying or not, just browsing eGun is fun and an education in vintage airguns, sights, and more!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ievgen721 and SAW
I bought quite a bit of stuff from eGun for 8 or 10 years; up until about 6 or 8 years ago - about 10 rifles, and interesting small things like sights and bags of parts. And yes, as you and Chuck-iin-Ohio noted, sending bank account numbers back and forth is a rather unnerving way to pay! But the transactions were done securely, directly between banks, and I never had a problem. Back then my bank charged the same fee regardless of amount, but things could have changed.

My understanding is that the German postal service is privately owned by DHL, which sets shipping rates. These apparently underwent a major increase for large heavy items at some point. I haven't gotten anything at all from eGun in years, but some sellers do still list sights, etc., for "international shipping."

FWIW...buying or not, just browsing eGun is fun and an education in vintage airguns, sights, and more!
When a seller on Egun indicates international delivery, this does not mean that he will ship to the USA, almost always this means that he only ships within the European Union, although there are rare exceptions! I came across the largest fraud in my auction life on Egun, for almost $3k. A seller with a high rating (now banned) intercepted my package with 3 rifles (Anschutz, FWB) just before the border. I had to deal with the German police in his city, but I got my money back, although I received a negative review from him. This is unthinkable in the USA.