Hades misconception?

That would do some damage. Velocity for that?

I linked the post for you above. It was going around 930fps. 

Nice postings on your hades .22 I believe you said 750 fps it was . Anyhow your posts show a big difference in hades that hit some bone structure along the way and not. With the .22 because of the smaller mass of material the pellet breaks up easier than the .25 . That is clear to me now . Also a normal domehead would be just as lethal in those cases you show where it hits bone structure although not “ spoiling “ so much meat in case the target is to be consumed . What a mess does these mushroomed hades make.... i believe also that the polymags do expand not only on bone but also on meaty structures only and that makes these a better performer in that aspect. Accuravy is a different thing of course. Most say the hades wins that part.

@yalel The speed for the Hades at my particular example at that time was around 930fps. I have shot them much slower as well, but don’t recall the results. Will update if I find that info. 

When shooting Squirrels for eating, I try the head shots. However, a vitals shot is fine with me as well. If anything, I just harvest the rear legs & backstrap area. 

I like the Polymags a lot, if/when accuracy has been proven. 

Do you think they did it with a hammer????

Well, I trust they did the test in the manner in which they described it. I'm just saying the test is not at all predictive of how a CPHP will behave on actual game.

The soap test and the resulting massively expanded pellet are then presented as substantiating evidence that it is "suitable for small game hunting". I'm sure it's a well meaning conclusion but unfortunately it is misleading. It is simply not supported by real world results.

Similarly, a gentleman on another forum presented some examples of the Daisy hollows shot into a jug of water. Oh boy the expansion looked glorious. I also remember seeing an example of a Hades run through the same sort of test. It too was super impressive. I trust this test is highly predictive of how well they will kill a jug of water.

You laugh, but I’ve had a huge infestation of Soap Bars & Jugs of Water destroying my yard lately.

In that case, let me help you out! 😊 I'll send you all my opened tins of hollow points that proved effective in tests on soap bars and water jugs.

Since they don't expand ongame I won't need them... — the domed pellets are both more accurate and wind resistant.... 👍🏼

Matthias

I have used .25 Hades at lower speed on squirrels for a while and they are absolutely devastating even at 600FPS. But as I previously posted I do not see any expansion at all but not a surprised because I shoot them so slow but drop them tree rats like nothing else almost matters not where you hit them. I even tried 800FPS on apples and still no expansion. fast forward a couple of months and messing around with .177 hades at 800 FPS on some small green apples and still no expansion but I wasn’t surprised.

Then I realized I haven’t tested .22 Hades, so I loaded a few .22 Hades I to my impact shooting at 830 FPS and shot an apple 2 inch across. I left rolled up old clothing behind it to capture the pellet and to my huge surprise I see massive expansion! The pellet dumped all its energy into the Apple and did not even penetrate a single layer of thin cotton! Even the .177 hades went through 2-3 layers of the same thin cotton but the much lower power. Shocked and in disbelieve I grabbed couple of more apples of similar size and the .22 hades consistently expand at speed I did not expect on a little Apple which I did not thing had enough mass to cause expansion!!!!

I’ll let the pictures do the talking:

830FPS .22 hades expanded to .25 after hitting a small/2 inch apple 20 yards away. 

7A3B92F1-B20C-4F0B-804C-C699402BA86C.1600059076.jpeg

for reference a unused Hades measured .214
C7E88146-1A1F-4A46-88D5-C8ACB9DBC99F.1600059077.jpeg

can .22 hades be the best expanding hades if not all hollow points? 

Well I figured why not try even lower speed? Dialed the power wheel to minimum and the hades is flying at around 705fps into a small Apple again! To my utter shock the little .22 hade expanded to .234!!! Holy expansion Batman!!! I even hit the same Apple twice just to be sure and both expanded. 

EB3E1095-6367-474C-9D7A-4FB8CF14082D.1600060379.jpeg

I’m now fairly convinced the .22 hades are the best hollowpoint ever!!! 

to put things into perspective I am not hitting a hard bar of soap, no fancy ballistic gel, not a big bucket of water. I’m hitting a bunch of small green apples that my kids won’t eat Each just a little over 2 inches across. 

Interesting results. Not a massive mushroom but some visible expansion. The head "sections" rotating could apparently do a lot of damage.

it’s a massive expansion compared to any other hollow points I’ve used especially at 700FPS. Couldn’t get anything else I tried to expand at lower speed. The hades does seem to tumble a lot more and the additional damage is very obvious.