• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hades in dreamline

DrOcean

Aug 26, 2018
TX
Been a while. Had a kid...things got hectic for a minute. Thought I’d give an update/see if anyone else has seen this. Got my DL 22 shooting the 15.89s lights out at around 900 fps. It shoots these very well (1/4”-1/2”) groups at 60yds for quite some time. The best I can get the 18s to shoot with various tunes is about 1” at 50 and 1.5” at 60 (also at about 900fps). I ordered some hades to give them a go. Man. They’re all over the place. In fact, they shoot just about like the poly mag shorts. I’m talking like a 12” group at 50, in clusters. If I shoot a full mag, I’ll have about 4 clusters of a few hits with several ransoms. I went back to the 15.89s and she’s dead on. Everyone else seems to be loving the Hades. I cleaned the barrel n tried again. Same. From 700-1000fps, no dice. This is with the 500mm barrel. Thoughts? Anyone with a 500mm stx having better results? 

I have been shooting them in my Streamline at 900 fps with ok results. The 15.89 are more accurate especially past 40 yards but the Hades still shoot minute of bird at 50.. I don't have many left so I'm shooting the 15.89 for now. Out to 35 yards or so its hard to tell the difference in groups between the two but after that the 15.89 are the winner.

Sorry I don’t have a DL although they are mighty tempting

My Wildcat MK1 shooting them at 910 FPS loves the Hades. My longest shot so far was 107 yards that dropped a pigeon DRT. I was impressed wi

My Royale was pushing them to fast at 930 FPS which caused the groups to open up significantly beyond 30 yards. The Royale shoots the 18.13 JSB so well at 870-880 FPS that I didn’t want to mess with de-tuning it for the Hades.

The Hades hit birds very hard and probably worth trying to find a tuning combo that works for you. In regards to washing them, I’ve found that in the seven tins I’ve gone through they were very clean straight from the tin. Much cleaner that the 18.13s, and not worth cleaning for my purposes.