Hades Came Out Of Retirement To Pop A Marmot Youngin.

So I had brought out the Hades .30cal out of retirement, to shoot in the Maverick on Power Wheel 1 (going a gingerly 760fps, and generating 54fpe) to do some low power starling and sparrow culling. Then out of nowhere, I young groundhog climbed over a fallen tree trunk, and was eating my birdseed bait!

So I un-cocked my Maverick, turned the Power Wheel back to 7 (full power), reset the fps in my scopes Ballistic Calculator back to 930fps, and popped the marmot on the top of his head while he was walking towards me 😁!

That smack from the Hades was undeniable, and a flick of the tail was all that was before he traveled the highway to groundhog heaven.

I forgot my SD-Card in my computer, so I couldn't shoot any video of this shot.

20220630_133020 (1).jpg

Good shooting bud! Seeing this picture, I'm coming to realize that I don't think I've ever seen a "small" one before. The ones I always see are chonkers
Thanks a million!

I think this is the first batch that popped out of the oven! Two small ones in two days, both at the same time of day. A litter can be 4 or 5, and it's possible I already popped their mom's upside the head. In 4 city blocks to this property, I counted 15 groundhogs, both big and small eating a buffet of grass and weeds. They best stay out of my striking distance, or they will never grow up to chonk status! 😀