• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Hades 25 cal recovered from jack rabbit

Went out camping for 3 days and needed some dog food. Shot a jack in a less the perfect way as I only could see the behind. It is a quick death no matter what as the dogs only need seconds to get to it.
1584828836_11583419095e7691a4bedfd1.55689891.jpg
Normally the pellets pass through but this one stopped after 6 inches. It is the first Hades I recovered hunting.

25 cal, 30 yards, Vulcan, mostly tissue and some bone. One fragment sheared off and I made sure it didnt end up in the food.

We shared the prey.

Nice. That is pretty good expansion. I tried a couple of the H&N crow magnums out of a Brocock bantom sniper a while back and through 7in of cloth towel and stopping on a piece of oak I got zero expansion. I know it’s not an optimal test but the Diablo style pellets expanded better than the crow magnums. I have seen many reviews that say the hades are accurate. Are they in your personal experience?

I think the expansion was due to the short range of just 30 yards, I had pass through at longer range that looked pretty calm. Stopped the prey but in and out was about the same at 45-65 yards. I think speed kills, literally.

Shoots as well for me as the normal JSB out of the Vulcan I got on loan. If your rifle likes the normal similar grain version give it a shot.

No I didn’t try the Poly, To be honest I didn’t even buy the Hades, it was a test sample I received. Most of my hunting is done with just the standard JSB pellets. Since everything I hunt gets eaten I probably switch back to standard pellets. Normally I check the rabbit for an exit wound, skin it and feed it to the pups, guts and all. Because the projectile didn’t exit I did need to spend time looking for it and than needed plenty of water to clean my hands. Not good for desert camping.
I think the Hades pellets are good to kill even with marginal placement but questionable if you want to put the prey on the table or in to the dog bowl. The fragment wasn’t to my liking. If anyone has some lead free alloy pellets in 22 or 25 that shoot well to 60 yards plus let me know.