• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Had a great time turkey hunting in California the last few days

Took a couple nice birds, one with the Walther Rotex .22 and one with the Evanix Rainstorm in .30 caliber. Could have limited out but went right up to the last minute chasing a big longbeard that Glenn Elliott and I had been after for days. Saw today that Glenn got one of the toms we'd been after with his Nitro Piston. We saw lots of birds and got some really good footage for American Airgunner. I am very impresses with the guns I used on this trip, and will be using them a lot more for pest hunts this summer.

Reactions: Bob
Neil, it's a suprise when you pick the gun up, you're right that it's compact, but weighs just under 8 lb without a scope. It's so well balanced you don't notice when shooting it, but you do 2 mile into a hike. However this is a minor issue, when carried in my gun slinger pack it was fine even on the long haul. Umarex will be importing them, and I believe they are in country or on the way now.

Hi Michael,
I've taken over a hundred head of big game with an airgun; whitetail, axis deer, hogs, javalina, ram, warthog, Steinbeck, bushbuck, bleesbuck, duiker, springbuck, Impala, kudu. Birds: turkey, pheasant, quail, chucker, peacock, Guinea fowl, jungle fowl, Egyptian geese, ducks, crow, magpie, starling. Small mammal: fox squirrel, gray squirrel, Aberts squirrel, ground squirrel, prairie dog, ground hog, rockchuck, hyrax, nutria, rats, muskrat, beaver, possum, cottontail, jackrabbit, snowshoe hare, brush hare, springhare, Predators: coyote, bobcat, red fox, gray fox, mongoose, ringtail cat, raccoon, badger. I know I'm missing some, but it's been twenty years of serious airgun hunting. I've hunted in 31 states and four countries. if you go to my banner below and visit my website (go to archive) you can see a lot the pics. A lot of the others photos and stories have gone into four books and columns/articles in five magazines....... been busy :)
jim

Jim,
My sons and I have hunted with air rifle the following: javalina, turkey, quail, 4 species of dove, grouse, ducks, crow, starling. fox squirrel, red squirrel, iguana, ground squirrel, prairie dog, rats, possum, cottontail, jackrabbit, coyote, bobcat, gray fox, ringtail cat, raccoon,... I have hunt just in 3 Countries.

I want to hunt deer with my air rifle but have not been possible yet..... In my case the limitation is clearly identified: lack of money..... Exclusively!...... As soon as the limitation is solved, I will make my best to get even with you.

Regards and congratulations!