• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Had a great day at the dairy!

Thanks Bob_O,

That makes perfect sense. We were running more slug tests on 2" blocks of ballistic gel yesterday. We found most well performing hp slugs dump less than 45% of there energy while passing through the block. 

That was in .22 and .25. At 50+fpe and 70+fpe very consistently. We haven't tested on pidgeon cadavers for a direct comparison like we have done squirrels. An educated guess would be the gel is a little denser than a pidgeon. 

The only reason I share this is in case you've ever wondered what's going on after the pass throughs. Pretty good chance those buttons are still going 5-600fps.

Thanks Bob_O,

That makes perfect sense. We were running more slug tests on 2" blocks of ballistic gel yesterday. We found most well performing hp slugs dump less than 45% of there energy while passing through the block. 

That was in .22 and .25. At 50+fpe and 70+fpe very consistently. We haven't tested on pidgeon cadavers for a direct comparison like we have done squirrels. An educated guess would be the gel is a little denser than a pidgeon. 

The only reason I share this is in case you've ever wondered what's going on after the pass throughs. Pretty good chance those buttons are still going 5-600fps.

Swish not to hijack Bob's thread but I did some expansion testing on a dead pigeon with NSA's verse the FX Hybrids. Basically all my testing into gel mirrors the results on this pigeon. Unless you are hitting substantial bone you will not get much expansion with the NSA's. The FX Hybrid got very good expansion on this pigeon and pigeon weight blocks of gel. The NSA's have a lot going for them and will do the job on small game and pests but in my opinion are killing more as an result of the kinetic energy they possess. Bill 

PS and Bob will be watching your video next. I'm sure it will be another good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EGHhh0mBQc&t=47s&ab_channel=GunPowder%26AirPower