Hackers busy these days

Looks like my amazon account has been hacked yesterday Dec.20th

My Yesterday morning started with - I received some Txt messages from my Bank that there was some suspicious activity with my VISA involving Amazon Prime PMTS. I said "whatever". But don't click on these Txt messages. My son called me he received as well, I told him don't click on the Txt. (I gave him access to my Prime membership for saving on shipping charges but he was using he's credit cards....)

I was a whole day busy, checked my personal emails only late afternoon, and there were 27 emails from amazon, some purchases and some cancellations.

Let me check the Canadian amazon.ca - nothing happened there. OK, let me check the (US) amazon.com, here there were...

Some F*n guy purchased (from my amazon.com account with my VISA #) several yearly subscriptions for amazon Prime movies.

Chat with amazon fraud support, they cannot backtrack from where this was coming only when somebody will start watching those movies, the subscription was purchased for some *numbers*@outlook.de email holder, but that is most likely behind a VPN.

They sent me to my VISA to open a dispute. Talk to my VISA Fraud department, the process started with cancelling four Credit Cards, both mine and my son's CC's - for now.

Mary Christmas everyone, and watch what ya doin.

hacked amazon account.1640111457.JPG

I never tried it online but one day the ATM machine just ate my card and told me to contact the bank, apparently someone have had a skimmer on the ATM machine i use regularly, so as a precaution my card was blocked.

So i had to get a new CC but thankfully i have 2 so i was able to use my internet shopping card to get cash at the ATM while the new card was made. It was a bit tight though i had to flip the content of my apartment upside down for the PIN for that card.

I do not use CC for shopping in B&M stores, i withdraw 1000 Danish kronor now and then in the ATM and those keep myself running and gas in the car.

I wish there was draconian measures against such behind screen criminals. maybe with a medieval spice just to be sure the idiot dont up and do that again, but just thinking along those lines are frowned upon here in Denmark where we search for the most expensive and likely not working solution for this kind of matters.

Denmark are renting a whole jail in Kosovo now, as foreign criminals fill our jails and many of then are convicted not ever wanted in Denmark again, and need to go to where ever they come from.

Nobody is talking about expanding jail capacity here, even if it is actually under severe pressure, and the jail wardens well they are all quitting and suffer from PTSD more so than our military guys that have been "playing" war all over the world beside our American friends.

Looking at my world, the loudness of my frequent sighs are up to dangerous loud levels.

Set up two-factor authentication ...

For years at work I have tree layers of login and this year I worked remotely and the forth layer login was in the game, I just hated my life. You away ten minutes from the screen need to login again, and again.

I don't want to involve a second device (ie cellphone) into authentication, trying to keep the number for myself. Here in Canada it is unbelievable annoying the robocalls, scams, fishing and all that sheet, every other day I am blocking couple #s "this is a revenue agency calling" "depth collections" "customs agency" "duct cleaning" and so on. Any new website I am registering and I need to fill my # in the * empty field - I already know next week the calls start coming in. The most pissing - my wife and son went to China two years ago for a tourist vacation trip...in two years I could not clear out the garbage calling :) :)

Really Amazon is the last company I’d give my cell number to I dont give it to any companies strictly family. Two factor ID can be accomplished with email or landline which I have in my office. They wave these carrots on a stick to monetize your info. Since I stopped giving my cell out the constant flood of BS is down to a minimum now. Everyone does what they are comfortable with and this works for me.

They do seem to want your phone number more and more, which is a problem for me as even if i do have a phone right now, then i really dont want to carry one, just have to on account of my old and sick mother.

It even annoy me that i also often have to enter the phone # on orders, i would prefer to have my name / address tied to 1 -2 particular pickup points, though of course that do not work for a digital item like a subscription to something like TV "channels"

And i dont get the robo calls i think are so much used elsewhere, here something like that in it self are illegal to do, and like me you can get on a so called "Robinson crusoe " list meaning it is illegal to contact me if i have not specific allowed it.

On my mail box i have a sticker that make it illegal to put anything in it but letters, though i do still get a pamphlet once or twice a year from local stores, which i in turn contact telling them they have broken the law, and if it happen again i will take legal action, and then that do not happen again. ( most often pizza joints )

Without that sticker you have to empty your mailbox at least once a week due to all the commercials ( which i call forest waste ) Me i can make do emptying my mailbox every 6 months or so, and still have room for a sizeable letter or padded envelope.

IMO commercials on paper should be out right banned as it is a waste of resources, and people should be forced to subscribe for commercials on a digital avenue such as on phones or via e-mail.

One thing that make me wonder. "They" took down standard oil in 1912 as it had gotten too big for its briefs, but they do nothing for the likes of Amazon - google - facebook, and i think it is safe to say you can not get any bigger than that, and those really totally set the agenda in the fields they operate in.