• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Hache moderator by Mechainnova

I am sharing with yours my last TequilaGUN accessory, it is a unique LDC named ”HACHE MODERATOR”, the particularity that do it unique new product is that the LDC has a ”H-SOFT” baffle that it is closed once the pellet pass through it. This condition decrease a lot of the sound intensity.
To reach it, the baffle is bending when the high pressure air fill the first segment of the LDC and reach the baffle face. As soon as the internal pressure decrease the “H-SOFT” baffle recover it shape. The following drawings and videos shows how it works.

There is a lot information and theories in the web about how reach this goal, but a few designers can say that them got it.

This LDC was designed to be used only with Airguns, for this reason the body is 3D printed using PLA+CF fillament, the “H-SOFT“ baffle is made from silicone and reinforced with GF mesh. If this LDC would be used on a firearm it blow out or turn fire on due to the high pressure and temperature gases.

The mechanical specs are the following:
Length: 4 inches
Diameter: 1 1/2 inche
Weight : 3.83 oz
Caliber: 0.177 and 0.22
Thread: 1/2-20

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see some accuracy tests, with something moving inside, I would be concerned with clipping, especially is it's made to close tolerances for those two calibers.
In silicone pieces is hard to get close tolerances. My goal always was closed the exit moderator once the bullet left him. Never was designed a unit with tight tolerances.

Last edited:
Video of the unit being shot with and without... please include audio and power information regarding the gun.
Nice work on the printing.
Two members of the forum will test the moderator. They are an experimented Airgunners and enthusiasts of this discipline. I am sure that them veredict will be real because I do not gifted the moderators to them. They are paying for it.

Two members of the forum will test the moderator. They are an experimented Airgunners and enthusiasts of this discipline. I am sure that them veredict will be real because I do not gifted the moderators to them. They are paying for it.
Would these two kind customers or yours raise their hands so that we can ask them for video?

Here are some numbers.

IMG_3101.jpeg

I have seen a similar concept a while back on utub - for pro handguns. Works on principle of a similar membrane, but is very service dependent... if I could recall need to replace a membrane after some 15-20 shots the power and heat will burn it out.
he already said air gun only heat will destroy, but i remember what your saying , everybody dismissed because of low shot count and cost

Reactions: Kowalski