H&N slugs

I am testing those H&N's at the moment , The 217's did not work in Red Wolf until i put the tinniest bit of lube on them . It was like and on / off switch . Before the group was about 2" at 50 yards , After rolling the slugs on ballistol rag the next groups were one holes with ease . I was shocked how well they grouped to be honest . The odd thing is that the slugs are all black ?? Totally different colour to my normal Pro Hunter slugs . I tried the 218's and even after lubing they did not work in my gun . Did not get two single slugs to touch all day . , I am sure they would be fine in a FX barrel , certainly not in my at all . 

Rog

dark color must be soft lead when you add tin they become like shiny silver ,

also yes lubing makes a difference , and it sounds like your Choked barrel is a bit tight for the .218 slugs , you can use a cleaning rod and push slugs threw and make sure they bite in will and pass threw choke with like 25 to 30 pounds effort max thre chocked part , if unchoked you need less drag , as when air burst of air hits back of projectile it is like an explosion and helps seat into rifling and spins properly .

and Mercanto the .217 and .218 is thickness in thousands ,so , 22 caliber is 5.52 but the diameter of lands and grooves in barrel vary slightly as do twists , most .22 cal prefer .218 some like .and some may like you dont want too much drag or it will affect speed , but you want it to spin 

I cant wait to try them here in USA that HN site I do not think does or else I cant figure out how to ship here .

I am testing those H&N's at the moment , The 217's did not work in Red Wolf until i put the tinniest bit of lube on them . It was like and on / off switch . Before the group was about 2" at 50 yards , After rolling the slugs on ballistol rag the next groups were one holes with ease . I was shocked how well they grouped to be honest . The odd thing is that the slugs are all black ?? Totally different colour to my normal Pro Hunter slugs . I tried the 218's and even after lubing they did not work in my gun . Did not get two single slugs to touch all day . , I am sure they would be fine in a FX barrel , certainly not in my at all . 

Rog

I can’t get the pro hunter slugs to work in my impact . Should have my H&N slugs in the next few days and far cheaper than pro hunter slugs as well

Rog

I can’t get the pro hunter slugs to work in my impact . Should have my H&N slugs in the next few days and far cheaper than pro hunter slugs as well

I thought you got them working buddy ??

Rog

I thought you got them working buddy ??

I thought had ,but past 50 yards they started to open up And getting fliers

H&N slugs just arrived. Weighed 15 slugs and only .02 gr difference over 15 slugs . Hope to try them tonight or tomorrow night 

great delivery, only order over the weekend and arrived at 11.58 am today 

yes my data are same than you , only .02 difference on 5 box of 25 grains slugs, the result are the same in the 23 grains box only 0.02 difference and only 2 weight, 25 and 25.02, or 23 and 23.02

Tried the H&N slugs tonight and my god they are very good They work in pellet liners and slug liner the same , so no need to buy slug liner . Slug on slug from 35 -75 yards , which is my furthest distance in my indoor range as it was raining again 

Another bonus is the cost , about £10 tin of 200

That's good news .The 217's worked in my Red Wolf but as said the218's were shocking . I did not think they wold work either ? They are good but in my gun the Pro hunters work better at distance . I can push them much much further . The H&N are fine though , where did you get yours from buddy ?? 

Rog