H&N Slug HP now in .177

There are plastic boxes like for fishing gear ASO that could hold a lot of pellets in each compartment and so a lot of pellets in total, but i am not too happy about the plastic route.

Though plastic or metal, you could probably find usable already existing containers you could use, and so get around the price of making a tool for that. Plastic are injection molded, metal as i am thinking about it with a tin about 4 - 5 inches in diameter, and as you would need to layer things, the opening cant be tapered as you then couldn't get the spacers in.

But here i think there are solutions, like tins originally meant for canned food, then you just need to seal the open end, and i think a metal pr plastic " capsule / lid " secured with tape like the tins current will be fine.

You probably have to figure something out about the spacers for the layers of ammo, but in this day and AGE i assume it wouldn't take much to make tool to do that, i am cut / die toolmaker myself but that was in the 80ties where CNC was just catching on not least in the educational part. ( i never made a living of this education )

I would go for larger diameter that can be used for several calibers, and then a few size ( height ) for the spacers, so a layer of 5-600 .177 pellets or slugs, you would use a spacer with 1 - 1.5 CM legs, or the same tin but a layer of 500 .22 pellets or slugs you use a spacer with 2 - 2.5 cm long legs ASO

I will have to eat the extra gasoline bill and go shooting Friday, forecast for the wind are 6 M/s or 13 MPH gusts and 2.5 M/s or 5.6 MPH average winds, that would be fair i think. Weather is good on Monday too, but i cant wait that long.

I am also very good with the cardboard containers from NSA and soon Zan, that work just fine for regular sized containers, but i do transfer to old tins as my ammo suitcase are tailored to carry those.

Not so sure those boxes will be good for regular pellets, but H&N might well take advantage of the Slugs are not as delicate as pellets. ( just saying ) NOT using tins for slugs at all, will free up a lot of those for the pellet section.

Of course you could stack several smaller cardboard boxes inside a larger box, but not very stack able for bulk shipping i think, could also be a issue with "smaller" customer orders of 10,000 pellets / slugs.

Okay the 16 grainers seem to fly OK in my 700 mm Maverick.

Magdump while the wind was still going on, and dialling too, distance 87 Meters.

Did not compensate for wind gusts so 5 shots went a little right, but 2 x 2 of them was on top of each other, and so penetrated the 1984 Dodge ram charger front fender in those places.

16grHN 87Mmagdump.1653060860.jpg

A little later the wind died down, or at least the gusts did, so i shot this 5 shot group on a old piece of roofing metal, the hole on the left are mu Aim Point, the group are 4 slugs making hole larger, and the 5 slug when thru the hole somewhere not contacting metal.

This is a wee bit closer so ill call it 86 Meters without using the leupold range finder.

IMG_20220520_152259.1653061093.jpg

As usual when the boys are in the field,,,,, USAF swing by to film how its done,,,, well i assume it was them Denmark dont have a AWACS that size, but the damn thing was low enough to see what was was doing if they used binos up there.

Take into consideration this is photographed with a phone.

AWACS.1653061216.jpg