H&N Slug HP now in .177

We are happy to finally be able to announce a new product for friends of the .177 caliber: The H&N Slug HP .177

Slug_HP_45_WEB.1648213454.png

The new slug expands the caliber range of H&N slugs (now .177, .22 and .25) and is designed for long-distance hunting and target shooting with high-performance airguns.

We only offer the new slugs in the .1775 / 4.51mm diameter because it worked best in all of the test rifles. The weight variants will be 13 grain, 16 grain and 20 grain.

Like the H&N Heavy Slugs .22, the HP .177 Slug was developed and tested in close cooperation with South African Pro Shooter, Airsmith and YouTuber Air Hunter Gerhard.

His awesome new video about these slugs is now live on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/ecv70wb3c0M

We would especially like to thank Soren Drost (aka SorenSD) for extensive testing on his 100 m test shooting range. He tested various prototypes on the Daystate Red Wolf and Delta Wolf.

Best regards

Jörg

10 grain is rather light, i am very happy with the 3 weights they have gone for, stoked about 20 grains and the fact they seem to be working in FX barrels.

I am going to try and get my hands on all 3 weights, though the 16 and 20 are my focus, but if the 13 shoot better then the 13 grain KO from JSB, well then i have to go for the better slug if the price are not a factor.

Having been used to shooting 18 grain pellets in .22 for years, and now getting the option to shoot 20 grain slugs in .177,,,,, that is exiting to me.

Reactions: mercado
These dont even figure on H&N own home page yet, so it will probably be a while before we see them in the local stores ( EU or the US )

But one more thing to look for in the daily store visits, there is also Zan slugs in .177 on the way, and i assume Javalin too will eventually make a slug for us peashooters too.

As it is right now for me as i type i am ready to pull the trigger on 2 tins of the 13 and 5 tins of both 16 and 20 grain,,,,, and thats of course just for starters.

We just started production of the H&N Slug HP .177. It will take a few weeks before the first shops in Europe will offer it.
All overseas customers need to be patient - very patient: The market for sea freight has gone completely nuts. We have to wait 8 weeks in average to get space in a container. The shipping time is longer, too, as ships are waiting offshore to get unloaded. Not to mention that the prices have increased fivefold...

Best regards

Jörg

Reactions: Florida_Man
We just started production of the H&N Slug HP .177. It will take a few weeks before the first shops in Europe will offer it.
All overseas customers need to be patient - very patient: The market for sea freight has gone completely nuts. We have to wait 8 weeks in average to get space in a container. The shipping time is longer, too, as ships are waiting offshore to get unloaded. Not to mention that the prices have increased fivefold...

Best regards

Jörg

@HN-Sport Thanks for posting this information. Hopefully people fretting over out of stock ammo can better understand why it takes so long to restock. While I’m here I’d like to ask, is H&N working on improving the .35 Grizzly slugs? I purchased some and they shoot poorly in my experience. I’m talking 1”-1.5” groups from 25 yards using a bipod. I also read posts and communicated with other members who have had similar experiences. 

Best regards

Jörg

@HN-Sport Thanks for posting this information. Hopefully people fretting over out of stock ammo can better understand why it takes so long to restock. While I’m here I’d like to ask, is H&N working on improving the .35 Grizzly slugs? I purchased some and they shoot poorly in my experience. I’m talking 1”-1.5” groups from 25 yards using a bipod. I also read posts and communicated with other members who have had similar experiences.

The 9 mm Grizzly works in some guns and in others not. The problem is that there are no diameter and weight variants. I think that in the medium term we will also offer our Slug HP in the caliber to solve this issue.

Best regards

Jörg

Best regards

Jörg

Well while you wait to be able to ship out, i will buy all i can find here in the EU so you dont have to ship "old" slugs overseas :)

Okay ! not all of it, CUZ i am not that kind of guy, but i will probably take 12 tins just for starters.

I got my hands on a small sample of the 16 grainers, i would very much like to send them flying tomorrow, but winds here will be upwards of 26 MPH or 12 M/s and the average winds also pretty high, so i think testing better be put off to a day where the H&N have a better chance of success.

But have no fear i will launch some of these ASAP, or ASAWAFD (As Soon As Weather Are Fairly Decent )

HN16gr.1652802996.jpg

Needless to say i am on the edge of my chair every day to get my hands on some of the 20 grains too, and 13 gr too, ill take 5 tins of those too to get things rolling.

BTW i wish H&N and other brands, instead of selling the heavy pellets in smaller numbers i would prefer to buy them at a higher price / higher numbers in bigger tins.

Even if say something like these 16 grains in a .22 tin would then be 600 slugs in a tin.

Same of course go for heavier pellets, for instance the JSB Beasts, it annoy me there are so few ( 250 ) of them in each thin.I rather pay 2 X the price to get 500 in a larger tin.

I am not sure if there at least with pellets are some critical mass, where more pellets / weight in a tin would also mean a bigger chance of skirt damage.

But i think slugs are more resistant to this packing predicament ( if it exist ) so should not be a problem with slugs.

I can imagine larger tins for shipping,and even pellets too, but you probably have to layer the pellets / slugs in like 4-500 in each layer with some kind of spacer, so the upper layers dont push on the pellets / slugs below them but rather the insert in between layers.

This way you could sell huge tins with say 8 - 10.000 PCS of ammo in one tin.

I would buy that amount of my favorite pellets / slugs VS having XX smaller tins sent to me, even if the smaller tins and smaller numbers are convenient for a outing with the rifle. You of course do not want to bring 10.000 rounds to the range, unless you have a big magazine full auto contraption and lots of air.

But i would rather fill a empty tin from a big tin,,,,,,, dunno if it is just me, this i assume would also cut down on packing as you just need 1 big tin + spacers VS XX smaller tins made. Maybe you could sell these bulk tins a bit cheaper.

I tend to order 5 tins when i buy ( about 2000 PCS of ammo ) i would have no problem buying 5000 PCS of ammo in one tin, and 10.000 i cant see as being a problem either, and i am sure there are people on here that order even larger. So why not cater th these kind of people with mega tins,,,,,, Alpha / Omega are pellet / slug integrity are maintained in shipping / transport.

Reactions: Florida_Man