H&N Slug HP II - A small step for a slug, a giant leap for its terminal performance

Slug-HP-T-Slot-(2022-04-25).jpg
In the last few months we had launched new, heavy slugs in calibers .22 / 5.5 mm and .25 / 6.35 mm. These new slugs differ from the old ones as they feature a new, improved hollow point (“T-Slot”), which ensures better energy transfer into the game.

In the future we will apply this new hollow point also to the following lighter variants:
- Caliber .22 / 5.5 mm: 25, 27 and 30 grain (the 21 and 23 grain variants will remain unchanged)
- Caliber .25 / 6.35 mm: all weights.

The slugs are identified by an "II" in the name, i.e. "H&N Slug HP II". The precision and the BC of the slugs are not negatively affected by this change.

Slug_HP_II_55_WEB.png

From now on only the new models will be produced. However, the changeover will take some time depending on the stock levels in the supply chains. During the transition period, you will most likely find old and new variants in one store at the same time.

Air Hunter Gerhard just released a new video covering this change.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkGUVtyrOSY

My FX Crown MKII loves the .22 cal 25g HP but I could use more expansion. When might these be hitting US warehouses?
We are replacing the Slug HP by the Slug HP II step by step, i.e. both variants will be offered side by side for a while. The .217 25 grain slug is already on its way to the USA, but you most probably need the .218 diameter. I'm afraid it will still take at least 3 months until this version is avaiable (also depends on the shipping times, which are extremely long at the moment).

Best regards
Jörg

What about the .177 slugs ?
Are they the newer flavor, or will they also get a revamp at some stage.
I have only tried the 16gr variant, and it dont work well for me VS 16gr from other brands, that granted are also not performing super well no matter how i try to shoot them.
I do have plans for trying the 13 gr H&N slugs too, as that weight seem to be ideal for my 2 rifles. But ATM other things seem to just gobble up my meager pension.

What about the .177 slugs ?
Are they the newer flavor, or will they also get a revamp at some stage.
I have only tried the 16gr variant, and it dont work well for me VS 16gr from other brands, that granted are also not performing super well no matter how i try to shoot them.
I do have plans for trying the 13 gr H&N slugs too, as that weight seem to be ideal for my 2 rifles. But ATM other things seem to just gobble up my meager pension.
We decided to use the "normal" hollow point in the .177 caliber. The "T-Slot" needs a bit of space, it is almost impossible to manufacture a slug with this tip in .177.

Best regards

Jörg

Reactions: Peashooter