• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

H&N if you are listening...

Michael

Administrator
Staff member
I love some of your products, and Kudos for launching a whole new line of pellets. I have 2 suggestions:
  1. Rethink the Grizzly pellet. The base is too hollow which won't allow them to be seated far enough in the transfer port.
  2. Please consider making a few .30 pellets. There aren't many mass produced airguns out there that can push .357 at a decent velocity.
    [/LIST=1]
    Thanks

I do not have big bore air rifles but I can tell you that most of the new pellets they are making ARE A TOTAL WASTE of money...all those with the plastic are crap with everything and also the pildrivers on both calibers were terrible .
I just do not understand why they produce such pellets? don't they have a few airguns to test them?

When I first saw the piledriver (even the name cracks me up), I seriously thought it was an April Fools joke. I agree with you DKL, why would a reputable company put out poor performing products. I did see on their website suggested airgun type, fpe and maximum distances for each pellet type. So, they have guidelines for the use of these new pellets. Here's a link to suggested parameters for the piledriver for example:
http://www.hn-sport.de/en/products/air-gun-pellets/hunting-and-field-target/piledriver.html

"DKL"I do not have big bore air rifles but I can tell you that most of the new pellets they are making ARE A TOTAL WASTE of money...all those with the plastic are crap with everything and also the pildrivers on both calibers were terrible .
I just do not understand why they produce such pellets? don't they have a few airguns to test them?
I posted the following under a different discussion but feel it ties into what you are saying...I’m fully aware that H&N acquired the pellet division from Pax Guns last year. Pax Guns had three lines of pellets: Dynamic, Piledriver and Defiant pellets. Some of these pellets were carried by US vendors including Airguns of Arizona, Precision Airguns, and Mac 1. Some were not such as the Defiant Ogive and Defiant Paragons.The original pellets are no longer made in England as H&N built a new facility in Germany for manufacturing the pellets. Though possible, I find it highly unlikely that H&N is using the original pellet dies. The same can be said about the composition of the H&N versions. I don’t see how anyone can say the H&N produced pellets shoot exactly like the originals without having personally conducted a side by side comparison. As of today, only two of the eight new .22 H&N pellets are available for purchase. The other six won’t arrive until June 7th or June 10th. The new .25 H&N Grizzly wont arrive until June 7th.For reference, here is a list of the eight new .22 H&N pellets with corresponding Pax Pellet (Note: the Original Post was updated to show the corresponding Pax pellet)
  • H&N Excite Apollo (14.5 gr Prometheus Hunter)
  • H&N Excite Apollo Short (12.5 gr Prometheus Hunter)
  • H&N Excite Dynamic (12.85 gr Dynamic SN2)
  • H&N Excite Prometheus (9.12 gr Prometheus Hunter)
  • H&N Piledriver (30 gr Prometheus Piledriver)
  • H&N Sniper Light (14 gr Defiant)
  • H&N Sniper Magnum (18 gr Defiant)
  • H&N Hornet (entirely new)
Finally, here is an article from Airgun Magazine UK posted on Oct 20, 2014:H&N Sport Acquires British Pellet Brand Prometheus
Renowned German pellet manufacturer H&N Sport has announced its acquisition of the airgun pellet line of Pax Guns – Prometheus Pellets. As featured in the December 2014 edition of Airgun Shooter magazine, Pax Guns was founded by Hugh Earl – the inventor and ballistician behind the award-winning, hi-tech range of pellets manufactured from the manufacturing plant in north London. The range includes the original Prometheus non-lead brand right through to the very advanced Defiant and Piledriver brands. A spokesperson for H&N Sport said: “Pax Guns is a premium pellet manufacturer with some outstanding pellets for hunting, field target and leisure shooting. We are very happy to expand our product line with some of the finest pellets in the market and we are proud to continue Hugh’s great legacy.” H&N Sport told Airgun Shooter that all the pellet-making plant in London will be transferred to Germany and installed in H&N Sport’s new, purpose-built premises in Hann Münden over the next few weeks. And it’s expected that H&N Sport will be presenting their new pellets in the spring of 2015, to arrive in gun shops around April time. The shooting trade will get a first look at America’s trade-only SHOT Show in January, and then the IWA trade show in Germany in mid-March.

"Bobmart"When I first saw the piledriver (even the name cracks me up), I seriously thought it was an April Fools joke. I agree with you DKL, why would a reputable company put out poor performing products. I did see on their website suggested airgun type, fpe and maximum distances for each pellet type. So, they have guidelines for the use of these new pellets. Here's a link to suggested parameters for the piledriver for example:
http://www.hn-sport.de/en/products/air-gun-pellets/hunting-and-field-target/piledriver.html
Good stuff thanks for sharing the link.

Scott

travel4fun

I understand what you mean about maybe they will be correcting the new pellets that they have but just because they got a new factory that does not mean anything to me as I have seen the other biggest German manufacturer expanding the factory and new machines and they brought down their quality and lost a lot of business because of that from my country and from UK.
Also H&N have a few pellets of their own that have huge accuracy problems and they have not corrected them...like the heavy rabbit magnums in both calibre's....I have not heard of anybody liking those pellets and I have tried both calibres. I have no idea why they came out with the rabbit magnums 2 when the first rabbit magnums that they made years ago was pretty accurate.
Anyway if you want to try they when they come out, go ahead but I will not , because I know just how thick head headed they are, I look forward to your report.
Another thing about H&N it is the prices of the new pellets that they have out now....are they mad they are reticules.
Because I have only pcp airguns the only good and accurate pellet I have from the and highly recommend is the barracuda 

"....Because I have only pcp airguns the only good and accurate pellet I have from the and highly recommend is the barracuda."

Agreed. Here in the UK, there is a brand called "Bisley" which include a "Bisley Magnum" (177 & 22) of very similar design to the Baracuda (H&N tins etc) but performs better than standard barracudas in PCP's (in my opinion). I am guessing that the Bisley range are slightly softer than the barracuda. They are certainly cheaper.

Hunter Extreme is devastating, and accurate up to 35 yards. Some of their lighter pellets are good in spring rifles. They do need to put some effort into quality and design, also put some real quality info onto their tins such as exact head/tail size and exact weight to a hundredth of a grain.....something all "quality" manufacturers should do.