H&N Grizzly .25 Cal

Spent this morning trying to tune my impact to shoot H&N grizzly .25 slug. Conclusion? They suck bad in my impact with slug liner. 

here my results from this morning at 55 yards with impact mk2 700mm .25 slug liner:

Hades @680 FPS is about 1 inch group

Hades @920 FPS is about half inch group

JSB King @900 FPS is about half inch group

JSB King heavy MK2 @830FPS is about half inch group

H&N grizzly slugs are all over the place and off paper at times!!!! Tried from 880 FPS all the way up to 980FPS, can’t get it group to save my life. Got my impact to shoot really consistent and very happy sounding at 960 FPS with deviation of 3-4 And the group is still crazy wild. I think they need higher twist rate than FX slug liner to stabilize. FX supposedly have a new heavy superior liner that might have 1/18 twist rate, not sure if I want to try again given NSA is known to shoot well out of the slug liner.

1590618930_9476503355eceeb3205ff77.47973919.jpeg
1590618930_16483220175eceeb32f2e836.88436105.jpeg

The positive note of the whole thing is my Impact really likes JSB pellets and I have full confidence in them up to 60-70 yards at higher speed, really want to try them out at 100 yards but need to find a good spot to shoot. Got good amount of trigger time and feel more comfortable with better trigger control at the end of the day, sure beat the hell out of house arrest.

my friend don't spend any more money. that fx only wants to sell and sell and its liner does not work. fx what you want is for your user to buy everything they launch on the market. I sent to mechanize a Tjs with bill greathouse. for my impact and I shoot everything I want without any problem and with very good precision no matter the distance. In my warp cobra I also have a 14.5 "inch tjs and it is very accurate at 175m with the grizzly and other slug and pellets the tjs barrels are also amazing. I do not know how there are people so stupid that having barrels that are better than nonsense finer liner and that work better and with all kinds of pellets and slugs regardless of gr. they may be accurate. buy liner fx 😴🤔🤔🤔🤔

my friend don't spend any more money. that fx only wants to sell and sell and its liner does not work. fx what you want is for your user to buy everything they launch on the market. I sent to mechanize a Tjs with bill greathouse. for my impact and I shoot everything I want without any problem and with very good precision no matter the distance. In my warp cobra I also have a 14.5 "inch tjs and it is very accurate at 175m with the grizzly and other slug and pellets the tjs barrels are also amazing. I do not know how there are people so stupid that having barrels that are better than nonsense finer liner and that work better and with all kinds of pellets and slugs regardless of gr. they may be accurate. buy liner fx
1f634.svg
1f914.svg
1f914.svg
1f914.svg
1f914.svg

well I agree with you to a degree, in the world of precision shooting changing barrel is like changing underwear unless you only shoot a single ammo, it is what everyone des to get the right grouping. I won’t fault FX for the different liners, in fact I applaud them for it. If you look at the pellet groups they are really good for 55 yards from a noob like me. It’s clear the ammo isn’t the right fit for that twist rate which is very normal, my solution is probably not getting yet another liner but try lightest NSA slugs which are known to work with FX slug liner/twist rate. I happened to have a few tins of the H&N so I figured I would give it a try. I bet a 1/18 or even 1/17 would shoot the H&N grizzly well, that twist rate is very traditional rifle twist rate and a lot of Airguns have it and your gun probably has that

FX primary focus is still shooting pellets and pellets can’t have too much spin, it is awesome to see I can shoot pellet on pellet with the impact at my skill level. Slugs are completely beasts and after researching long range shooting with center fire what FX doing pales in comparison with powder burner barrel selection. example if you use a longer slug, guess what? You need slightly faster twist rate! They come in 1/2 inch/custom increments., I can’t imaging how much money some people spend. I’m happy sticking with Airguns because if I get into center fire stuff it would be at least 10 times the cost, it’s no joke. 110 bucks is couch cushion money when it comes to barrels, the carbon barrel I was eyeing goes for around 1000 and I need to pick a caliber, length and twist rate........or two. I’m really happy few tins of pellets I got on sale isn’t wrecking my piggy bank and marriage.

i do agree that the current version of the slug liner I have is definitely not a great slug liner, it is still a very good pellet liner but not enough twist rate IMHO. I will likely try a true slug liner at around 1/17-1/18 twist rate when FX comes out with one, watch they announce it next week! LOL 

Mi amigo no gasta más dinero. ese fx solo quiere vender y vender y su revestimiento no funciona. fx lo que quieres es que tu usuario compre todo lo que lanza en el mercado. Envié a mecanizar un TJS con Bill Greathouse. por mi impacto y disparo todo lo que quiero sin ningún problema y con muy buena precisión sin importar la distancia. En mi cobra de urdimbre también tengo un tjs de 14.5 "pulgadas y es muy preciso a 175m con grizzly y otras babosas y pellets, los barriles tjs también son increíbles. No sé cómo hay personas tan estúpidas que tienen barriles que son mejores que un revestimiento más fino sin sentido y que funciona mejor y con todo tipo de pellets y babosas, independientemente de gr., pueden ser precisos.
1f634.svg
1f914.svg
1f914.svg
1f914.svg
1f914.svg

bueno, estoy de acuerdo contigo hasta cierto punto, en el mundo de los disparos de precisión, cambiar el cañón es como cambiarte la ropa interior a menos que solo dispares una sola munición, es lo que todos desean obtener la agrupación correcta. No criticaré FX por los diferentes revestimientos, de hecho, los aplaudo por ello. Si nos fijamos en los grupos de pellets, son realmente buenos para 55 yardas de un novato como yo. Está claro que la munición no es la adecuada para esa tasa de torsión que es muy normal, mi solución probablemente no esté obteniendo otro revestimiento más, pero prueba las babosas más ligeras de la NSA que se sabe que funcionan con la tasa de torsión / revestimiento de la bala FX. Tuve algunas latas de H&N, así que pensé en probarlo. Apuesto a que 1/18 o incluso 1/17 dispararían bien al H&N grizzly, esa tasa de torsión es una tasa de torsión de rifle muy tradicional y muchas pistolas de aire lo tienen y tu arma probablemente tenga eso

El enfoque principal de FX sigue disparando perdigones y los perdigones no pueden girar demasiado, es increíble ver que puedo disparar perdigones en perdigones con el impacto en mi nivel de habilidad. Slugs es una bestia completamente y después de investigar disparos de largo alcance con fuego central, lo que FX hace palidece en comparación con la selección de barril de quemador de polvo. ejemplo, si usas una babosa más larga, ¿adivina qué? ¡Necesitas una velocidad de giro ligeramente más rápida! Vienen en incrementos de 1/2 pulgada / personalizados. No puedo imaginar cuánto dinero gastan algunas personas. Estoy contento con Airguns porque si me meto en el fuego central sería al menos 10 veces el costo, no es broma. 110 dólares es dinero de cojín de sofá cuando se trata de barriles, el barril de carbono que estaba buscando cuesta alrededor de 1000 y necesito elegir un calibre, longitud y velocidad de giro ... o dos.

Friend, what I want you and the rest to understand is that I with a single barrel can do what you can't do shoot all kinds of pellets and slug no matter the grain. You need another barrel yourself to fire the H&N. or shuffle. or jsb. or NSA. fx sells you two barrels just to shoot the pellet or slug that only works on fx barrels. in my TJs .25 with a torque of 1:22 I shoot everything no matter what the lead is. and with the same precision as you. So that's what I mean so that the limit that your user implants fx. I don't know how they are fooled like this. and now they released another barrel that you and the other fx fans would buy it 🤣🤣🤣🤣. I am a hunter not a collector of barrel hahahahaha. and this of using airgun is super good nothing better than this. But do not take fx that they are dealers and if you take them they make you like $ 10,000 a month in accessories. Look here I am going to upload two photos so you can see everything I can shoot with my TJs. jsb 25.39gr. kite 25.4gr. baracuda 28.24gr. grizzly 31gr. NSA 29gr. NSA 38.5gr. and the largest slug you see on top of the box is 46.2gr cast by that mold you see in the image

I sorted some Grizzlies with a pellet gauge And found a wide variance in diameter. Shooting the larger-diameter lot shrank my dismal groups by half they still weren't great but they were much better. Also if you take a look at the nose some of them have deformities what you can't help accuracy either.

I also saw some slugs that are way out of spec, so much for made in Germany! maybe the grizzly is their first try at making slugs? regardless I think it needs more spin so someone with a 1/17 twist barrel might shoot them well. 

Physic dictates if a barrel shoots pellets well then it’s not great for slugs and vis versa. If you happen to ha e that magical barrel that shoots everything well then we would love to see. Post up some videos and groups at 50 and 100 meters!

stop focusing so much on the fx liner crap. and investigate the tjs when i bought my rifle and ordered the barrel i told jim gaske that i wanted a barrel that would shoot pellet and slug. and he said 1:22. I am going to do the tests and I will upload the video on my instagram page @ airgunplusrd1 gentlemen do not get so much fxairgun that they are a businessman. and they will manufacture the same product with different names each month. You can see how the YouTube that fx pays you now they make video with the 3-inch STX now before that did not happen. now the STX is not accurate because they launched the superior liner and many of you take them and buy it from asshole. analyze do not be fooled. my TJ does not pay me anything and I see that they are a thousand times better. I had an impact and I sent him to mechanize the barrel I gave him a tj and it was much better. but it's not everyone who knows how to work at tj that's what Bill O Roy is for one of those two people are what do the work to make those barrels magical,

Clasifiqué algunos Grizzlies con un medidor de pellets y encontré una amplia variación de diámetro. Disparar al lote de mayor diámetro redujo a la mitad mis tristes grupos, todavía no eran geniales, pero eran mucho mejores. Además, si echa un vistazo a la nariz, algunos de ellos tienen deformidades, lo que tampoco puede evitar con precisión.

the slug that are on top of the box I was going into the barrel and again I took it out with a rod so that's why you can see that the Swedes are marked. If they see that they are deformed in front, it is due to the force I exert to remove the slug from the barrel. my people take away from me you will never regret