H&N barracudas 21 grain

I have 5 tins of those from a few years back, never worked in any of my guns and then for fun I tried a tin through the new M3 Sup 1:24 700 liner at 945 fpsish and was really surprised by them at 100y, bought them as a good buddy swears by them through his cricket...

With the lack of ammunition I am counting myself lucky that I even have spare pellets lying around, unlucky that I need a different liner😬

I tried my Avenger at 50 yards for the first time yesterday. I test at 33 normally in my back yard. I thought it liked fx 25.4 and JSB Heavies (not MKII) the best. But two of the smallest 5 shot groups were with the 32 grain barracudas (my Avenger is a 25). My Prod also likes the 21 grain ones but can't push them very fast. I haven't chrono'd the barracudas from my Avenger but based upon what it shoots the other two I would guess they are going about 850 fps. Definitely under 900 (that's what the 25.4s do). I was encouraged by those results and ordered 1000. Future testing could still demonstrate one of the others are better but I want to have something on hand the gun likes and so far I've just been buying enough to test.

I think it's a little odd it likes the Barracudas since it's least favorite pellet is the H&N FTT. All the JSBs shoot at least OK. My Prod really likes the copper plated FTT.

Seems hard to guess what pellet a gun will like best.