FX H&N Barracuda Hunters (not Extremes) with my FX Bobcat .22

I've had my .22 Bobcat for just short of 2 years now. Shot nothing but JSB or FX 18.13gr pellets all this time. The gun was set up for scope clicking by Centercut & the 18.13's were the absolute go-to pellet for the Bobcat. Incredible accuracy & repeatability of results. My only "complaint" was that compared to my .25 Royale or my .30 Boss the .22 lacked the immediate knock down power of the larger caliber guns.
Just for the helluvit I ordered a couple tins of .22 H&N Barracuda Hunter pellets, really not expecting any accuracy from them in the Bobcat, at least not like the 18.13's. Got to try them today on paper at 50 yards. To my surprise they were pretty darn close in accuracy to the 18.13gr. At least MOGSH (Minute of Ground Squirrel Head)! Shot a couple into modeling clay to assess wound channel damage compared to regular domed pellets (Cuda Hunters are hollow points). Wow! Can't wait to try them on varmints. If I get consistent accuracy at longer distance I don't believe there will be many Ground Squirrel "walk-aways" come this next Spring.

Last edited:
Got some in an H&N Sampler Pack, while pellet searching for Benjamin Trail NP XL, didn't like. I should try in Taipan Veteran. WM
IMG_20231207_213834.jpg

Gerry!
If you like them in .22, you'll love them in .25.
27.47gr. are the hot set up, at least in my guns (previous Streamline and Wildcat II), and not bad in my M2 either. They are accurate and VERY hard hitting.
Mike
Thx Mike. .25 Hades are the go-to pellet for my Royale so I'm already using a hunting pellet but I think I'll try the Hunters in it also. Can never have enough accurate hunting pellet options in my opinion.