Gx4 moisture seperator

I did not realize until recently that Nitrogen is available at at least a couple different pressures. If you get nitrogen at pressure above 300 bar (I think it's 6000 psi but that is from memory) then the valves can be expensive and the setup is more difficult. But you can fill guns directly. But I don't think that is what is being recommended. You can also get nitrogen at much lower pressure and feed that to your compressor. That greatly simplifies valves for the nitrogen.

Nitrogen does not carry moisture. It is the oxygen in air that holds the moisture. Air is mostly nitrogen anyway so the gun isn't going to care except it should be happy with no moisture to deal with.

Reactions: rcs9250
If I believe water is getting into the gun or tank I may consider having a regular air compressor pressurize the air to about 80 PSI feed that into a 1Q or larger silica desiccant dryer, then have the output of the dryer go into another regulator to bring the pressure back to 1 bar. If I want faster fill time I can auto regulate that pressure level input into the CS4 to fill even faster when the fill pressure are lower. This can be done safely by monitoring the CS4 motor current to not excess some maximum number. If the number is smaller than the max you can increase the input pressure. This can be automated with a micro-controller, pressure and current sensors and a geared stepper motor to adjust a regulator.