• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

GX Pump CS-4 on the way

I have a CS-4 coming and I am wondering which wireless hour meter you guys have found that will pick up the low vibration of this compressor reliably? Also where have you found the best place to mount it?

My wife also bought me a small 3 liter scba tank with a single gauge fill valve. The only way to check the tank pressure is to use a deadhead which I am guessing is normal. If I keep the tank valve off and start filling the whip with the CS-4, is it true that as long as the pressure in the whip is the same or higher than the tank pressure when I open the tank valve that it will be easier on the compressor?

If I want to bleed the water out of the compressor every 10 min or so I will need to close the valve on the tank, bleed the whip and then close the bleed valve and get the whip back up to the same pressure as the tank before opening the tank valve again. This seems like it wastes a lot of air, do they make a one way valve that I place inline close to the compressor?

Not sure about the hour meter but you are correct on the rest. You want to make sure the pressure in the whip is higher than in the tank before opening the tank valve. Make sure when you are ready to stop the compressor and bleed the line that you remember to close the tank valve again. Once you figure out the thread size of the tank you can always buy a different valve with a pressure gauge. It’s most likely a China made tank with m18 threads.

This is the hour meter I use on my CS4 and it's working quite well!

I have it mounted just in front of the handle.

IMG_2859.jpg