• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

GX L3 AND FILTRATION

Hey Folks need guidance again I plan on purchasing the GX L3 compressor in the next couple months. I need help selecting the correct filter system.
I'm completely lost after days of reading comments here and youtube vids. To me there are conflicting opinions which imop contradicts all suggestions especially for a dunce like me.
I've read and looked at photos where one and or two filters are used.

So I'm lost..lol.
A little background:
I only want the compressor to fill my rifle.
I have a BSA Lonestar .25, a Avenger .25 ans soon will have a Uragan2 .30

I have an scba but it gets depleted real quick after filling my Avenger ( never to max) and anticipating the Urgan2 will add to that.
I have access to free air at a paintball facility 5 min from home but they are only open Sat and Sunday.
I want to take the compressor out to my hunting and target areas. Just covering all the angles.
So, there you have it! I need a turnkey solution of all parts and pieces needed for safe efficient filtration. Better yet if anyone lines near Greenwood/Indianapolis I'd appreciate picking your brain and reviewing your setup.
Thanks as always ,
Gary
GX PUMP PCP Air Compressor L3 4500Psi/320Bar/32Mpa,PCP Compressor with Dual 18V Lithium Batteries,Set Pressure & Auto-Shutoff,Paintaball Air Compressor Built-in Oil-Water Separator&Cooling Fan https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FDCD3W...ann_lstpd_RJ5VAA69ZXG3RBY24MBD&language=en_US

I'd look at what used around in posts and like seen used in theses reviews vids ..

,,(gx-L3 )
l3inlinefilter.png

I assume them quick connect serviceable inline ones do just fine .

I’m buying one of these soon. It will def increase fill times. I’m just not convinced those small cotton filters are sufficient.

One like this in a compact size and add a whip .. like the review picture of it on a cs cx2 ..

The small portable compressor for gun fills the cigarette but type should do .

Then maybe depends on if your in dry air area or humid tropical ..

Reactions: Trucker3573

One like this in a compact size and add a whip .. like the review picture of it on a cs cx2 ..

The small portable compressor for gun fills the cigarette but type should do .

Then maybe depends on if your in dry air area or humid tropical ..
I live in Indiana. We have our share of humid..lol. not like Florida or Bama
I was leaning towards that solution Nasty.

I live in Indiana. We have our share of humid..lol. not like Florida or Bama
I was leaning towards that solution Nasty.
Well.. that one I just posted look small enough for that L3 you could make a holding bracket for it .. used deccant beads that are reusable after you dry them . I'd think you could plug it in on your units l fill line and add a whip to the other end to fill the gun and be set nice ?

The opinions and to use reviews are going to flop around cause where and how used like dry air Arizona filling tanks all day or a gun occasionally . Or hot humid Houston out doors or in side with a running ?

Hech get a basic cotton filter one and a decent one thats compact and affordable and try each ..

I guess it's like asking what's the best pellet thing ..lol

Yeah, cotton-only filters are next to worthless for removing water. Having said that, I have filled my gun without any filter, and saw no sign of water in the line or in the compressor bleed valve, so for short gun fills, it probably doesn't matter much. For a tank, of course.

For longer fills, I bought this:

1711574670888.png

However, I wish I had seen this before I bought that:

1711574693177.png

Last edited:
Are you going to use just that filter? I did see a YouTube video on it, looks promising but again others say the opposite, they recommend 2
There is no need for two unless you are pumping a LOT of air at a time. I have topped off my 9L bottle from 240-310 bar, took about an hour, and I had a little sheen of water on the outside of the plastic molecular sieve inside after the job was done. Just wiped it off and left it open to dry for an hour.

I see zero water after filling a gun.

I have one of the little ones before the big one, and I use that to judge the water amount after pumping. It's ALWAYS dry after going from 150-250 bar. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have wasted time on the little guy.

1711575510089.jpeg

Reactions: rcs9250
Lonestar,
Happened to watch a Target Forge YouTube recently regarding GX series and filtration. Using F6Hawk's photos in Post #11, presenter stated the orange (water coalescing) didn't work for GXCS1 and GXCS2 due to low air movement, recommended blue filter (molecular sieve) for them. Further stated GXCS3 series added an internal water coalescing system to address this shortcoming, which yours appears to have. Think you're good to go just adding a molecular sieve. Not sure anyone feels the cotton-filled filters are sufficient alone. WM

Lonestar,
Happened to watch a Target Forge YouTube recently regarding GX series and filtration. Using F6Hawk's photos in Post #11, presenter stated the orange (water coalescing) didn't work for GXCS1 and GXCS2 due to low air movement, recommended blue filter (molecular sieve) for them. Further stated GXCS3 series added an internal water coalescing system to address this shortcoming, which yours appears to have. Think you're good to go just adding a molecular sieve. Not sure anyone feels the cotton-filled filters are sufficient alone. WM
I could a swore I seen a nicei hand pump one a guy could use on a smaller cx2 sized ..

I could a swore I seen a nicei hand pump one a guy could use on a smaller cx2 sized ..
Seen the smaller molecular sieves, too, like half the size of the pictured blue M50, less to pressurize, for sure, but haven't seen any comparison of effectiveness between the two. WM

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Well.. that one I just posted look small enough for that L3 you could make a holding bracket for it .. used deccant beads that are reusable after you dry them . I'd think you could plug it in on your units l fill line and add a whip to the other end to fill the gun and be set nice ?

The opinions and to use reviews are going to flop around cause where and how used like dry air Arizona filling tanks all day or a gun occasionally . Or hot humid Houston out doors or in side with a running ?

Hech get a basic cotton filter one and a decent one thats compact and affordable and try each ..

I guess it's like asking what's the best pellet thing ..lol
Lol and great suggestions

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Lonstar, if you haven’t purchased your L3 yet, go directly to the GX website. They are $50.00 cheaper buying directly from them instead of Amazon.I just bought the same pump from them. I also used coupon code GX10, and that reduced the price even more.I think I ended up paying $349.00 with the coupon code. Plus free shipping.

Last edited:
I just picked up one of these! They are on sale at GX Pumps for $399.00 (regular $599.00) and it ended up being $359.10 after using their discount code (GX10OFF). Amazon is selling them for $459.99, $100 more! @rut, I should have tried your discount code, sounds like you got another $10 off!

The specs say it has an internal oil/water separator, but I'm probably going to get a small cotton filter like I'm using on my CS4.