GX-E5K2 is on sale and available finally...

As I stated earlier in this post I already have it CS4 and I'm absolutely thrilled with the performance of that unit. I purchased one of the fives and it is supposed to be here Sunday, tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know if you can't afford a big GX pump You can swing for the CS4. The new model is on sale at Amazon. It's $502 with their $87 coupon.

Reactions: Marschb
As I stated earlier in this post I already have it CS4 and I'm absolutely thrilled with the performance of that unit. I purchased one of the fives and it is supposed to be here Sunday, tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know if you can't afford a big GX pump You can swing for the CS4. The new model is on sale at Amazon. It's $502 with their $87 coupon.
Will this run on 110AC. Or just 12V ?

Buying from GX is cheaper then Amazon, plus you're getting direct from GX. The E5 is 100 less then Amazon, and there's the 10% coupon.

The 4 is right around 500 there as well.

Let us know what you think of the 5 when you get it!

I had digital coupons for Amazon, they offer $150 off. Price ends up about the same. On the plus side I don't have to call my credit union and approve the transaction. I brought directly from GX when I bought my CS4. It was a pain in the butt because their bank is in China My bank is in Michigan.

The compressor arrived, I got it downstairs and all set up. That thing is freaking big and heavy. Had the chance to try it out on a couple of top off fills on a couple guns. It definitely is fast. I'll let you all know how it works out in a couple of weeks
IMG_20240407_160635.jpg

Mike, and/or anyone else who may have the CS4 and E5. Please let me know what the noise difference may be. Is it appreciable or all but the same?
About the same. The fan for the radiator makes the most noise in either compressor
I agree with 1900colt. Honestly you could sit next to it and watch tv.

Thanks for the replies. Ear plugs are almost a most for the CS4 for me.
but I guess it would be half the time with an E5. 😜
Say WHAT??? I can run my CS4 indoors while watching TV on normal volume. Most of my fills are done outside, and standing beside the unit, I can carry on a normal conversation.

Say WHAT??? I can run my CS4 indoors while watching TV on normal volume. Most of my fills are done outside, and standing beside the unit, I can carry on a normal conversation.

I run mine in the basement on a tile floor, not much there to absorb the noise.
15 hours of use but it certainly isn’t that quiet, in my use.

The E5 is rated at 38 lt/min the CS4 at 11 lt/min. Estimate relative fill time bases on these numbers. If these compressor last long enough not to require a rebuild under your use pattern for 5 or more years. For personal use I can't see the need for a better compressors like Alkin or Bauer and the BIG increase in cost.

that is the calculation that I am currently struggling with.
depending on how long my CS4 holds up, I hope that E5 owners can jump in with their long term use findings.

So far quite happy with my GX product

Reactions: F6Hawk
I run mine in the basement on a tile floor, not much there to absorb the noise.
15 hours of use but it certainly isn’t that quiet, in my use.
I have run mine in the living room, 7 feet from my TV, and enjoyed watching the same TV. Not preferred, but it reduces the Rh quite a bit. Outside, it really is no issue either. Quietest compressor I have ever used in my life.

My wife talking to her sister on a video chat is louder than the CS4. Just sayin'....

Last edited:
I had digital coupons for Amazon, they offer $150 off. Price ends up about the same. On the plus side I don't have to call my credit union and approve the transaction. I brought directly from GX when I bought my CS4. It was a pain in the butt because their bank is in China My bank is in Michigan.

The compressor arrived, I got it downstairs and all set up. That thing is freaking big and heavy. Had the chance to try it out on a couple of top off fills on a couple guns. It definitely is fast. I'll let you all know how it works out in a couple of weeks
View attachment 453550
I got my CS4-I from the factory store on Alibaba. Came is about a week. The same one looks a little over half price from the GX store anyway. Shipping is likely about $150.

Same Compressor on Alibaba link.