GX-E5K2 is on sale and available finally...

I run one of these myself to fill a "Great White"

For the money, super hard to beat for a home compressor. Thing sounds like a sewing machine running. Water cooled and can run up to 10hrs straight.

It's like two cs4's on steroids. But, it's definitely not portable...however you can run this in your home and watch TV in the same room🙂

With the current availability and price, definitely worth a look!

Just scroll to the bottom of the page

How long to fill the great white?
Here's the filling speed from the owners manual. I've never filled from empty, but have filled from a low of 750psi. I've never "timed" it, but I can tell you it's far better to use then the YH. Costs more, but it's nice not having to deal with a mess, and I don't have to listen to loud noise. And it's relatively quick

I think in the description it has estimated fill times for different bottle sizes too

20240317_111251.jpg

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Just curious - what does it offer vs, buying 2 CS4s and running them in parallel and saving a few hundred? I know it would be less convenient, but it would also be more portable as one of the two could be used on its own as a traveler. Any increased functionality beyond the 10 hour run time limit?
The entire thing is bigger, the pistons are bigger, the motor is bigger. You have one machine that will now fill anything you throw at it. This machine will outperform 2 cs4's together.

The GX-E5K2 can complete with all those other compressors that cost 1000's more. The 5 wins in my opinion because it's much more quite, water cooled with a self contained system and you can use it in your house without a huge amount of noise.

If I'm gone, and think I'll need a compressor, I do have an EL3 with the twin batteries.

I have a CS4 and I really like it. I've got about 11 hours on it right now and it's been trouble free (knock on wood). I really want something now to top off my 6.8 liter bottles.

I've been abusing my CS4 almost from day 1
I've filled my 90 ci bottle from empty twice and my 6.8 liter from empty once.
14 hours and churning away. Only issue I've had was a slight leak at the pressure release valve - a couple of wraps of teflon tape sealed that.

beginning to look at a Coltri - but the E5K could fill the bill - so far I've been quite impressed.
if the E5K had an actual oil bath instead of the grease for lubrication I'd be right there. No real reason other than I like changing oil ;-)

I am super interested in this compressor. Have you had to do any repair, or maintanence?
Nothing, other then turn the grease knob every 8 hours or so. The set up on the 5 is simple, add your water/coolant and run the water pump. Key is to watch the lines to be sure there are no air pockets when first seeing it up.

After that, you are good to go. There is even a wheel the water flows over so you can tell if it's pushing water. The cylinder heads both have snap switches incase it ever should get hot and you're not there babysitting it.

The only real "maintenance" I've ever did was to flush out the water after about an hour of so of running. Similar to what the cs4 guys do to those.

The price they are offering in that link above is honestly a killer deal... and they are not always available