GX E-5K2 PCP COMPRESSOR

Search GX E-5K2 PCP Air Compressor` on this forum as it has been discussed before. The Omega Turbocharger is very similar with a few more features. I wouldn't be surprised if they have the same manufacturer. GX has compressors at all different price points so they do have experience in high pressure air. I was looking at this but I bought a Turbocharger.

I would go turbo over the gx, it has more features at a similar price. There were only high end (tank filling only) and a few low end when I got mine. I couldn’t find an omega and no one knew when they would get one. But that being said I like the gx and would buy it again in the same situation. I’ve added a small filter and lengthened the hose to slow fill times some since I directly fill my guns. I’m hoping to top off a 6.8l bottle soon. 

I have both the Omega Turbo Charger and the Omega Trail Charger. The Turbo looks similar to the GX but all of its paperwork references Omega and Raptor Pneumatics. The booklet that came with the Trail Charger calls it a Gx-E-CS4 and it looks just like the GX model on Amazon but is water-cooled. I’ve got 6 hours on the Turbo and a few tank fills with the Trail. So far, so good.

834223AB-71CC-4063-B50E-72D3AFE4C7EA.1620653374.jpeg

If I were only looking to fill guns, I would choose something like the Hill for about half the price. The GX E-5K2 is pretty close to the Omega Turbo Charger but they have NO service centers in the US so unless you are mechanically inclined, you might want to think about it a little. These units WILL require maintenance. Not saying they are bad, but you need to go into it with your eyes wide open. I have the Hill and am currently having an old Omega Air Charger re-built for use on bottles. I am very pleased with the Hill so far

Shalom

Thank you all for your responses. Think I'll continue to save my scheckles for an Alkin

You'll never regret it. In fact, the first time you fill your tank from the Alkin any misgivings or reluctance you might have had will evaporate. There's a lot to be said for having a compressor you can completely rely on both to function and to provide "perfect" air. 

GsT

Okay I finally topped off a 6.8l bottle from 245 bar to 300bar with my gx compressor. It took about 11min, and I bled off moisture twice.

I started the compressor, once it reached equalizing pressure I opened the bottle. I walked back in just a couple minutes later(grabbed a glass of water) and the gauge was climbing. I’m actually impressed with the compressor.