• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

GX-CS4 Who has the most time on the compressor?

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far! Keep it up and also post any problems you have had.

The ONLY problem I have had was once with the unit in an unstable position, rocking back and forth, it shut off before the set pressure.

Not a big deal and I "think" it was due to the rocking, but I am not sure. I just fired up the compressor within a few seconds and it filled to the set pressure and cut off like it should.

I have never used it without a stable footing since then and the problem has never happened again.

My cpompressor time count is still the same... haven't been able to shoot for over a week and I am about to go NUTZ! (smile)

All my best!

Kerry

Reactions: BluegrassBill2020
My CS4 just arrived today.
Gave the coolant a good flush and ran the dead head test, 26sec. This little pump built pressure quickly and it’s nice and quiet.
I purchased mine directly from GX and they were still offering 10% off and free shipping. I just couldn’t pass on that deal. I plan to put the boots to this little guy and test it on some 6.8l tanks.

I also have an Omega Air Charger (which clearly seems to be made by GX). It’s been giving me some grief as of late and I picked this up for backup duty.
I think I might be using this guy more than I planned.

Reactions: MysticalDragon
370202294_851458086775091_5442349348876390793_n.jpg
367885617_1510366016471053_8504557043776884076_n.jpg

A fellow member posted these extras, not expensive from Amazon-
USB temp sensor wired by the gauge to the pump cylinder 3m taped to the top
A motion timer- starts automatically to keep track of running time
A Power switch for the power supply

6+ hours working fine- ( I had shipping issues with mine but everything worked out)

Reactions: nic4nac
370202294_851458086775091_5442349348876390793_n.jpg
367885617_1510366016471053_8504557043776884076_n.jpg

A fellow member posted these extras, not expensive from Amazon-
USB temp sensor wired by the gauge to the pump cylinder 3m taped to the top
A motion timer- starts automatically to keep track of running time
A Power switch for the power supply

6+ hours working fine- ( I had shipping issues with mine but everything worked out)
Excellent suggestion, will do these upgrades to all my pumps. Thank you

Don't you want to run the fan for a few extra minutes anyway?
Although I only top off my airguns and don't own any tanks or large bottle guns... I always let the cooling system run for about 1-2 minutes before shutting the cooling system down after filling. My filling times are measured in seconds, not minutes because I don't shoot my guns all the way down until they either fall off the regulator or in the case of unregulated gun(s), I know where my "sweet spot" is and keep the pressure within that range. So fill times are very short.
Did the same when I was hand pumping. Only bought the GX CS4 because of my health issues.

Also, I do have the external power adapter connected to a short extension cord that has multiple outlets and has a switch. The switch does make it a little bit easier to turn the adapter on and off, but is not absolutely necessary. Just more convenient.

All my best!

Kerry

Reactions: Phasor00