GX CS4 Squeeky noise ?

I'm not a big fan of those grease pots. What I personally do is remove the rubber baffle and leave the pot bone dry with the feed screw screwed all the way in.

At 4-6 hour window, I remove the pot, back the feed screw off one full turn, fill it flush with grease, reinstall it and then tighten the feed screw all the way with the pump running. This ensures that it gets one full turn of grease at the correct 4-6 hour time interval.

The way it comes from the factory that rubber baffle appears to block the grease from entering, but when I removed it I found it sucked up all the grease in the pot in a short period of time.

I'm not a big fan of those grease pots. What I personally do is remove the rubber baffle and leave the pot bone dry with the feed screw screwed all the way in.

At 4-6 hour window, I remove the pot, back the feed screw off one full turn, fill it flush with grease, reinstall it and then tighten the feed screw all the way with the pump running. This ensures that it gets one full turn of grease at the correct 4-6 hour time interval.

The way it comes from the factory that rubber baffle appears to block the grease from entering, but when I removed it I found it sucked up all the grease in the pot in a short period of time.
What grease do you put in there ?

this compressor I bet has less then 2 hours of operation.

What grease do you put in there ?

this compressor I bet has less then 2 hours of operation.
I ordered a tube of this stuff as it was recommended for the gx cs4 in an earlier thread.
It’s super expensive after shipping and you get enough to last 10 lifetimes, but I figured it would be stupid to mess up an expensive compressor because I was too cheap to buy the correct lube.

I suspect the food grade specification is to ensure breathing quality air, (which the manual actually claims it can do).

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
When I had an Omega Air Charger it had a grease pot like many of the mid range compressors have. It is very important when packing it, and maybe even checking the initial packing the factory did, to assure there aren’t any air bubbles in the pot. If air bubbles are present you may get air instead of grease during one of the lube cycles.
I removed every bit of grease and then put a small bit of grease in the pot, then on a firm sponge, or piece of ruber or wood, bang it straight down on the threaded nipple like cigarette smokers do to a fresh pack of cigarettes to get the tobacco firmed up. You will see any air come to the surface like bubbles in lava.
Do this as many times as it takes to fill pot, then install cap and before reattaching to compressor, turn cap till you see grease extruding out the threaded end. That way you know grease is actually coming out with each time you turn the cap.

With the pot method, you really don’t know for sure if grease is actually getting to the pump, and the method like medication where “if a littles good a lots better” doesn’t hold true on compressors.
I personally never trusted it so I would unscrew the dinky intake filter and elbow that screwed into the head and as I turned the pot I actually look into the intake port to actually see some grease extruding.
That design of greasing is like snorting cocaine, each intake cycle draws the blob of grease and by some sort of black magic allegedly thoroughly greases the moving parts 🤞.