GX CS4 spare parts?

Amazon has this grease:

I just checked my grease pot and it's still pretty full. I have only given it one turn since I got it so I still have plenty of grease left. The flimsy rubber washer is still in tact as well, so I must be doing something right! That or I got an assembler that put it togther the way it's supposed to be put together!
That is not a NLGI grade 2 grease. The Renewable brand designated for use by Gx is.

Target forge sells the exact grease gx puts in the cylinder and piston of their pumps at the factory. He also sells a much upgraded moly that if you feel adventurous can be used to replace the grease in the crank case from the factory. The factory grease needs to be cleaned first though as it isn’t compatible with the moly. Targe forge out in cali. Everyone is making this way more complicated than necessary.

Reactions: DesertSilver
Target forge sells the exact grease gx puts in the cylinder and piston of their pumps at the factory. He also sells a much upgraded moly that if you feel adventurous can be used to replace the grease in the crank case from the factory. The factory grease needs to be cleaned first though as it isn’t compatible with the moly. Targe forge out in cali. Everyone is making this way more complicated than necessary.
I humbly disagree that "everyone" is making it more complicated than necessary. The manufacturer is making it more complicated by not making ANY recommendation of what grease to use.

In my case, either the grease pot was not full when I received the CS4 or it has consumed nearly all of the grease in less than 1 hour of usage.

I don't know about you, but when I spend $500+ on any item, I expect to be able to maintain it. The "instructions" that came with my CS4 were obviously NOT from the manufacturer and did not answer many questions.

If you have been using a compressor for many years, then you have more knowledge than many, like me, who have only recently bought a compressor because of health issues. Otherwise, I would have been more than happy to continue using my 3 hand pumps.

As for Target Forge, he is a "seller" and if you look at what he is charging for, well, everything he sells, it is insanely expensive. Especially the tiny tubes of grease. While I appreciate his informative videos, I am not convinced that he is doing anything more than trying to maximize his profits at the expense of less knowledgeable people like myself.

No offense intended. I just hate to spend more money than is necessary on something that may or may not be what is required. I was raised by parents who grew up in the Great Depression and it definitely rubbed off on me.

Thanks!

All my best!

Kerry

When time is due, I will be using this grease.

GXSupport sent me an email shortly after my purchase that said this

"About grease, pls make sure don't turn the grease knob before it running 4-6 hours. adding much grease will cause bad performance. The speed will drop down and the cylinder can not run normally. We added well before factory and it can last long time. After used up the whole tank grease, you may don't need to add grease anymore if the speed is normal. If you met trouble when added wrong grease and works slowly, pls contact with us or search video on youtube to drain out the grease inside compressor. The video name is how to drain out excess grease.

When need to repenish new grease, you can refer to this blog:
https://blog.roninsgrips.com/the-cs...k-uE5PfvpWfzznJD2mgUbBEuOId4nCNB_N7cFkQl96fWA

Thanks
Have a good day

GX PUMP
https://gxpumpofficial.com/
Be our alliance partner"

Figured it's safe to use the one they directed me to.

I humbly disagree that "everyone" is making it more complicated than necessary. The manufacturer is making it more complicated by not making ANY recommendation of what grease to use.

In my case, either the grease pot was not full when I received the CS4 or it has consumed nearly all of the grease in less than 1 hour of usage.

I don't know about you, but when I spend $500+ on any item, I expect to be able to maintain it. The "instructions" that came with my CS4 were obviously NOT from the manufacturer and did not answer many questions.

If you have been using a compressor for many years, then you have more knowledge than many, like me, who have only recently bought a compressor because of health issues. Otherwise, I would have been more than happy to continue using my 3 hand pumps.

As for Target Forge, he is a "seller" and if you look at what he is charging for, well, everything he sells, it is insanely expensive. Especially the tiny tubes of grease. While I appreciate his informative videos, I am not convinced that he is doing anything more than trying to maximize his profits at the expense of less knowledgeable people like myself.

No offense intended. I just hate to spend more money than is necessary on something that may or may not be what is required. I was raised by parents who grew up in the Great Depression and it definitely rubbed off on me.

Thanks!

All my best!

Kerry
Insanely expensive maybe but honestly a little goes a long ways and you know it is the correct grease. However if anyone wants to wade through the 20 other recommendations that “may” work by all means charge ahead.

Reactions: BSJ
This is what I bought and use in my CS4 compressor, I have a little over 16 hrs. on it with no problems so far. I got tired of hearing all the different brands of grease to use as the mfg. does not list a specific brand and type of grease to use in it. I used my common sense and went with this brand of grease...if you look at an Omega compressor it looks like it came out of the same factory as the CS4 and it has the same grease pot as the CS 4.... this grease is listed as the grease to use in the Omega compressor so I went with it and have had no problems.
Just for FYI, I also ordered two tubes of that Haynes Silicone grease as listed above and in my opinion it's too sticky to properly flow into the cylinder so I didn't even try it in mine, I just ordered the grease shown from renewable lubricants and it's been working fine. If you remove the grease pot and just look at the bottom of it....it will appear to be full of grease if it has any left in it.... but you need to make sure the plunger is retracted all the way to the top of the pot for it to be full as it can be almost empty and appear to be full by just glancing at it. I use a small screwdriver and stick it in the bottom to feel where the plunger is actually at in the pot to see how much grease is actually left in it as when I first got mine it looked to be full of grease but it only had about a 1/4" of grease in the bottom of the pot.

IMG_5175.jpg

Last edited:
This is what I bought and use in my CS4 compressor, I have a little over 16 hrs. on it with no problems so far. I got tired of hearing all the different brands of grease to use as the mfg. does not list a specific brand and type of grease to use in it. I used my common sense and went with this brand of grease...if you look at an Omega compressor it looks like it came out of the same factory as the CS4 and it has the same grease pot as the CS 4.... this grease is listed as the grease to use in the Omega compressor so I went with it and have had no problems.
Just for FYI, I also ordered two tubes of that Haynes Silicone grease as listed above and in my opinion it's too sticky to properly flow into the cylinder so I didn't even try it in mine, I just ordered the grease shown from renewable lubricants and it's been working fine. If you remove the grease pot and just look at the bottom of it....it will appear to be full of grease if it has any left in it.... but you need to make sure the plunger is retracted all the way to the top of the pot for it to be full as it can be almost empty and appear to be full by just glancing at it. I use a small screwdriver and stick it in the bottom to feel where the plunger is actually at in the pot to see how much grease is actually left in it as when I first got mine it looked to be full of grease but it only had about a 1/4" of grease in the bottom of the pot.

View attachment 425696
Deleted my suggestion because I didn't want anyone to cause damage to their CS4 or other HPA compressor.

Didn't realize, although I should have, that what I suggested was NOT silicone grease based.

However, I still don't see the need for "food grade" grease unless you are going to use the air for breathing.

All my best!

Kerry

Last edited:
Reactions: MACTEN
Whoa guys.. you MUST absolutely MUST use food grade!

You're dealing with HPA and heat...petroleum based grease Will Absolutely destroy your compressor. You'll smoke those seals in no time
This grease (Mobilux) is petroleum based, which will easily destroy rubber O-rings as noted by "1900colt" I do own the CS4 compressor and I'm very interested in everyones comments. I have researched this thru the Mobil website, and reviewed the MSDS data sheets. Mobil does not mention use of this grease on rubber components, nor is it food safe. I would not consider using anything, other than extreme pressure Silicone Grease. JMTC

The factory grease in my GX CS4 was combusting. I had it apart a while back and noticed all the white grease they use was only white where they missed the cylinder when applying it. They use a yellowish grease on the crank bearing (grease pot) and white Inside the cylinders. All the prior white colored grease was black as coal. Unless the factory accidentally used the wrong grease, whatever was used in there isn't able to handle the pressure and heat. Temps from the exhaust were still low but inside they aren't of course which is why a synthetic high pressure grease is a must. Food grade alone isn't a sign that it's high heat or high pressure grease as crisco and coconut oil are both food grade as an example.

Whoa guys.. you MUST absolutely MUST use food grade!

You're dealing with HPA and heat...petroleum based grease Will Absolutely destroy your compressor. You'll smoke those seals in no time.
You don't have to use food grade.. You have to use a synthetic grease without any petroleum products or other substances that will cause it to combust at high temps. The food grade grease listed above that is going into the pot is lubing the crank bearing where there is no need for food grade, high pressure or high temp. Synthetic is a good idea as it lasts longer and if for some reason some got into the cylinder there would be an issue. The grease that is used in the cylinders should be a more of a food grade type that can handle extreme pressure and full synthetic. That would only usually need to be changed if there was an issue with a piston ring or the like after replacement of parts inside. (normally)