GX CS4 spare parts?

Have you tried contacting them to see if they can send you one? Their contact info is:

[email protected]

+1 (347) 889-8409

As for the grease, I was told to use 100% Food Grade Silicone Grease. They sell it on AliExpress:

GX CS4 Grease
Thanks for the info @FLgunner ! The grease that was in there certainly didn't look like silicone to me,, I wonder what they used originally..

AliExpress used to take months for a delivery, but they have gotten much faster. I ordered the Grease on December 27, it cleared Customs on the 30th and just left the USPS Regional Distibution Center in NY this morning. I will probably have by the end of the week.
So you ordered the grease for the grease pot? I assume that goes to the gearbox...

I'm assuming it goes in the grease pot on top of the compressor, which in-turn feeds the gear box and crank shaft.
I had it apart and noticed a a strange dispersion of pure white grease in the cylinders. I saw the off white/browning stuff from the pot barely in the gearbox on the crankshaft, but globs of the white grease around the pistons in several spots. I guess I need to look that grease up as well and replace it as I had to wipe everything out.

I'm not sure, but the stuff they are selling on AliExpress looks to be the same color. I ordered a 3 pack just to have some on hand, they are currently in route.
I hope you do realize that 5ml per tube is less than 1/5 of an ounce. Not a really good deal, IMHO.

I would really like to see the recommendation from the manufacturer as to what grease is recommended.

So far, all I have seen is recommendations from people who either don't have enough time on the GX-CS4 to know one way or the other as to what *should* be used or they simply assume the CS4 will be OK with X grease without ever using it long term. Most recommend what they have always used, but there is no confirmed recommendation from the manufacturer of the CS4 nor recommendations from CS4 users who have used grease other than what came supplied with the compressor.

Makes me more than a little bit worried... then again... sometimes I worry too much! (smile)

However, it would be nice to have a users manual that has more info than the POS manual that comes with the GX-CS4 now!

All my best!

Kerry

p.s.

It would be nice to KNOW what grease is best, but I don't want to spend $$$ on grease when $ grease will work just as well.

Last edited:
I did specifically ask GX Pumps what grease they recommend and was told 100% Pure Food Grade Silicone Grease. I was not given any recommended brand or viscosity for this grease. The grease being sold on AliExpress is expensive compared to others available, but since it's specifically for the CS4, I felts it best to use it. Yes, I could have gotten more for less on Amazon, but a 3 pack for $17.00 is not going to break the bank, and still a realatively small investment to keep a $500 compressor maintained to manufacturer specifications. It's really only needed about once a year with my use, so I'll bite the bullet and buy what they sell specifically for the CS4, more for peace of mind than anything else.

I did specifically ask GX Pumps what grease they recommend and was told 100% Pure Food Grade Silicone Grease. I was not given any recommended brand or viscosity for this grease. The grease being sold on AliExpress is expensive compared to others available, but since it's specifically for the CS4, I felts it best to use it. Yes, I could have gotten more for less on Amazon, but a 3 pack for $17.00 is not going to break the bank, and still a realatively small investment to keep a $500 compressor maintained to manufacturer specifications. It's really only needed about once a year with my use, so I'll bite the bullet and buy what they sell specifically for the CS4, more for peace of mind than anything else.
Have you actually opened up the grease pot and checked to see if you have grease? When I opened mine, and I have only about 1 hour total time on the compressor, I had nearly zero.

The pump is working fine, but this made me pause and check other sources for information... of which there is very little.

The flimsy "flow limiting" plastic disk which is supposed to be at the bottom of the grease pot was all wadded up and not even touching the bottom of the grease pot "well". From what I have read, that means that IF I received the compressor with a full load of grease, it has sucked nearly ALL of it into the works in less than one hour of use.

What provoked me to check the grease pot was that I turned the knob clockwise and felt absolutely no resistance. So I turned it more, and more and more and more... until I thought I better check to see how it works.

So, if you haven't opened up the grease pot and checked... do it. Do it now.

All my best!

Kerry

OEM grease for Omega air compressors (made by GX I think)
Not cheap. Can also be found on ebay.
The Superlube I linked is half the price of the Renewable brand.

Reactions: MACTEN
The Superlube I linked is half the price of the Renewable brand.
They actually had it in the small 3oz tube. It's a different part number so I called superlube and the CS person said the part numbers are related to the size of the container and that the 3 oz one is the same as the large tube you linked/s number, but smaller container. Had to get the small one as the large not around here.