GX-CS4. Power supply mount.

The loose power supply and jumper cable situation just wasn’t working for me.
I wish I had seen they have a CS4-I version that has a built in unit.

Oh well, turns out I love tinkering.

IMG_1780.jpeg

Designed a few pieces in Fusion 360 and printed them out. I picked up some 50amp battery connectors.
I had to do a little cutting to put the socket in the corner so the case can be removed.
IMG_1771.jpeg

IMG_1766.jpeg

The lugs on the power supply were a little tall and seemed like a weird thread. “maybe #12-24” so I put them in the lathe and turned them down about 3/16” and re-tapped them M6.
IMG_1773.jpeg

IMG_1774.jpeg

Last I used my 3d printed standoff as a template to drill the hole pattern and I fastened the power supply through the cover. Got to be careful on the length of the screws not much depth to play with.
IMG_1772.jpeg

All in all it didn’t turn out to bad. I feel better not having those exposed clamps/terminals hanging out there.

Last edited:
Actually the GX CS4-I model does have the power supply integrated into the box. However, I have never seen how to buy one in/from the USA.

The CS4-I comes in (according this this site) at 13.5KGs or 29.75 pounds.

Just weighed my GX CS4 on the bathroom scales and it came in at 29 pounds and the power supply (on more accurate kitchen scale) came in at 1.75 pounds.

So, the CS4-I is ONLY .75 pounds heavier than the CS4.

As I said, the CS4-I doesn't seem to be available anywhere I have checked. The CS4-I also has a grease nipple instead of a grease pot. Not sure how much difference that makes, but it is a difference.

My point is that the weight difference is moot.

All my best!

Kerry