GX CS4 Lube Information Update

Well, I have 38hr on my Aircharger and I believe 14hrs on my CS4. They are two sisters children.(Cousins) I turn the knobs on turn every 4-6 hrs. No problems yet. I let the pumps run a few mins, and turn the knobs. You can tell if the grease is going in by sound. The intake port make a sound as the grease is being squeezed in. Kind of a popping sucking sound. And the note, the Aircharger doesn’t have the rubber diaphragm under the grease pot Like the CS4 does. Both are working A-OK. The Aircharger will get a small beak as I just bought a Daystate Super Leggro. But I shoot a lot so all three will still get used..Grass

Also, Jason says to turn the knob about once every 6 hours, and once it's empty, it never needs grease again. Seems counterintuitive to me, but that's what he said. I have read on AGN where at least one other member got the same advice.
I believe anything that moves needs lube some sort of way. I’ve been a mechanic for 40 yrs 35 of them aircraft maintenance. Unless there is a sinthered bronze type bearing, fresh grease never hurt anything.. Just saying..😁Grass..

Last edited:
Well, I have 38hr on my Aircharger and I believe 14hrs on my CS4. They are two sisters children.(Cousins) I turn the knobs on turn every 4-6 hrs. No problems yet. I let the pumps run a few mins, and turn the knobs. You can tell if the grease is going in by sound. The intake port make a sound as the grease is being squeezed in. Kind of a popping sucking sound. And the note, the Aircharger doesn’t have the rubber diaphragm under the grease pot Like the CS4 does. Both are working A-OK. The Aircharger will get a small beak as I just bought a Daystate Super Leggro. But I shoot a lot so all three will still get used..Grass
It’s nice to have a couple . You can spread the load

Reactions: Grassguy12200
I believe anything that moves needs lube some sort of way. I’ve been a mechanic for 40 yrs 35 of them aircraft maintenance. Unless there is a sinthered brass type bearing, fresh grease never hurt anything.. Just saying..😁Grass..
Especially if we’re dealing with 4500 psi

I also emailed Bill and asked about filling the piston recess with grease. He confirmed that was fine. The admonition from GX was for putting grease ABOVE the piston. A little dab will do.
Not sure what you mean here? The grease pot goes into the same place as the air inlet is, which is on the outside of the first-stage piston. It is then spread & sucked into the other stages along with the air.

If by "piston recess" you are referring to the cavity between the first piston and the outside cylinder wall, that is exactly where the grease pot and air go.