• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

GX CS4 - is it too Good to be True?

I hate writing this review as I was excited after getting 3 hours on my CS4 and thinking to myself, "I'm impressed by this little compressor"... I topped off my SCBA tank this weekend and everything seemed fine aside from moisture spraying out when bleeding from my JB Alpha filter (I'm glad I chose to run it in-line). I bled water from both the CS4 unit as well as the Alpha Filter.

Even with the puddle that was left under the filter when I was done, I still felt this setup was worth it. I was planning on doing a review this evening to express my satisfaction with my CS4 and decided to take some pictures to post. When I moved it I had a puddle of coolant under the compressor... Well darn...

I pull the cover off to inspect it and the bottom of the case had coolant pooled in it. I soaked up some of the mess and see what appears to be a leak from the top of the little coolant pump:

20230607_205807.jpg

20230607_205939.jpg

I tightened the hose clamp to see if that fixes it and I will check in the morning. There was some corrosion around the clamp when I first got it and chalked it up to being water that dripped down from the water reservoir from when they tested it at the factory. I have sent a message via the GX chat portal on their website and I am also about to send them an email to get some assistance with this. I will keep everyone posted on their response.

-PJ

I like the concept of the water cooling on the CS4, but what happens if that cheap pump fails during a fill? I will grab a CS4 to play with someday. For now I ordered up a EC-3000 EVO to have a play with.
Likely the temperature sensor will shut it off. I have a omega trail charger I'm donating to a buddy. The cs4 looks like an upgraded version with temperature sensor and bigger motor.

Reactions: AirGunShooter
If you want fast fills for your guns, the best way to go is with a tank - fills are done in seconds, and there is no set up involved. Then you fill the tank with an appropriate compressor at some other time, and it doesn't really matter how long that takes as you do it when you're not shooting . . .

I don't have one of these compressors; I have a good old Shoebox, and it is a slow but absolutely reliable "set it and forget it" compressor. I fill my tanks when I'm doing other stuff like mowing the lawn or watching a game on TV. If I ever have to replace it with something else it will be able to fill tanks without having to be watched the whole time, and this CS4 is looking like it might fit the bill.

If you want fast fills for your guns, the best way to go is with a tank - fills are done in seconds, and there is no set up involved. Then you fill the tank with an appropriate compressor at some other time, and it doesn't really matter how long that takes as you do it when you're not shooting . . .

I don't have one of these compressors; I have a good old Shoebox, and it is a slow but absolutely reliable "set it and forget it" compressor. I fill my tanks when I'm doing other stuff like mowing the lawn or watching a game on TV. If I ever have to replace it with something else it will be able to fill tanks without having to be watched the whole time, and this CS4 is looking like it might fit the bill.
It would definitely work in your situation and is the quietest compressor I've experienced which again would be good for you.