GX cs4-i

Hello everyone,

There seems to be a GX CS4-i model aswell with build in 12v converter on Alibaba(from the official factory of GX).

Link on alibaba : https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...html?spm=a2700.shop_pl.41413.9.1fde6f95ekdTs3

I'm kinda interested in this model but there isnt a grease pot like the normal CS4. Instead it says now "grease filling". I'd like to know first how the grease should be filled on this model.

Does anyone have an idea?

1691863872627.png

There is a YouTube video aswell :

Reactions: Dougie
If this dash 1 model is for small bottles only and has a zerk nipple instead of a grease pot it isn't worth the savings. A zerk fitting not only requires a grease gun and a specialty cartridge but you can't tell when you need grease as you can with the grease pot. The older model is supposed to be able to run continuously whereas "small bottles" means the dash 1 model has less output capacity.

Reactions: Ries and IMADMAN
If this dash 1 model is for small bottles only and has a zerk nipple instead of a grease pot it isn't worth the savings. A zerk fitting not only requires a grease gun and a specialty cartridge but you can't tell when you need grease as you can with the grease pot. The older model is supposed to be able to run continuously whereas "small bottles" means the dash 1 model has less output capacity.
With it being advertised with the emphasis on small bottles. Your response is exactly what I was thinking. The link doesn’t work for me, so not sure on its specs.

Hello everyone,

There seems to be a GX CS4-i model aswell with build in 12v converter on Alibaba(from the official factory of GX).

Link on alibaba : https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...html?spm=a2700.shop_pl.41413.9.1fde6f95ekdTs3

I'm kinda interested in this model but there isnt a grease pot like the normal CS4. Instead it says now "grease filling". I'd like to know first how the grease should be filled on this model.

Does anyone have an idea?

View attachment 379985

There is a YouTube video aswell :
Thanks for this link. I contacted the people on your link, the GX factory. I priced out a 3 and 4, analyzed the factors, then decided it was a no go. Why? The shipping was really high, $134 to $145. It was impossible to determine what the taxes charged by the Feds and your state, it can easily be 25% or more. You can't purchase an extended warranty from the factory. Importers/distributors purchase in volume and have tax advantages over individuals, so their "all in" costs are competitive with buying direct. And this is huge to me, I just received notice that I'm getting a check from insurance company for my last pump. I struggle spending $400 + for any/all pumps, the extra $50 for 3 years is worth it. I asked about the grease fitting and could not get an answer.

Last edited:
This listing on AliExpress for $626 shipped has the same Zerk fitting. I think I would actually prefer the Zerk fitting to the rotating knob which some have found problematic with the rubber disk getting deformed and blocking the flow of grease. The one on Aliexpress is about $95 more than the regular CS4 from the factory website with the discount code GX10OFF for a net cost of $531 shipped. Not sure I would want to pay that much more just for an internal power supply and have to deal with a seller in China. After my back and forth battle for months with getting two sellers on Aliexpress to take care of some defective items, I am pretty much done with Aliexpress or Alibaba.

.............It was impossible to determine what the taxes charged by the Feds and your state, it can easily be 25% or more. ..................

For what its worth I have never been assessed any taxes, duty or tariffs on dozens of shipments from China and Japan over the last 10 years, some well over $2000 as long as they came through the US Post Office. If it comes via UPS or FedEx be prepared to spend all kinds of extra fees.

For what its worth I have never been assessed any taxes, duty or tariffs on dozens of shipments from China and Japan over the last 10 years, some well over $2000 as long as they came through the US Post Office. If it comes via UPS or FedEx be prepared to spend all kinds of extra fees.
I agree with you and Star, the chances of being charged taxes are probably slim. And certainly taxes charged may depend on how its shipped. But buying direct from the factory is far more complex than worrying about taxes. Its one component of the decision for me. Here's why I got spooked and finally thought, screw it, pay up you cheap ass. Here was my thinking!

I had 2 Vevors go down within 48 hours of each other, one was a backup because I knew their product was crap. I needed a compressor bad and now. I was exchanging hate e-mails with Vevor CS starting Monday early AM and if you read their reviews you know why, their CS is horrible. I know, it's fair to verbally paddle me for buying Vevor, but in my defense I was a newbie. I started watching Forge videos Monday and quickly determined GX was a good solution for me, so I went price shopping. Its why I chatted with GX corporate Wednesday morning after reading Reis's post. On a scale of 1 to 10, dealing with GX was a 6. I never could get a straight answer for us on that C4 grease fitting, and I tried hard. That spooked me a bit since I had Vevor PTSD.

I've been on a spending bender of late buying stuff from all over the world. This month I ordered some Notos Carm mags the same day I ordered the gun. I ordered from Darko like 3 times or more in the last year so I was familiar with his ship times, customs, etc.. IMO the Notos was worthless if I had to use OEM mags. I needed them inside the 30 day return window for testing so I was tracking them daily. I started to panic and a week later as I could see the Carm mags were stuck in customs hell. So I ordered a mag from Canada (Maple) to ensure I got a mag ASAP, it got hung up in customs. The problem was not USPS or their postal services. I prefer USPS much more than UPS and Fed Ex, the tracking is exceptional, delivery is fast, and I know "within an hour" of when my mailman will show up at my house. This point is huge to me, I don't have to wait through a 4 to 6 hour UPS or Fed Ex window. And porch pirates are a problem in our area. Last week I had a GK1 shipped to me and requested it ship USPS, not UPS or Fed Ex. If you don't have USPS Informed Delivery, get it. No way I wasn't going to be home for that delivery, that package is a porch pirate salt lick! My mail man comes everyday at "happy hour" around 4:30 PM, I love it, it's easy to wait around. I've also signed up for Amazon "key delivery" the month it was offered. In the end Amazon was a no brainer, overnight delivery, secure in my garage, no waiting around to be delivered, sign me up, I ordered yesterday at noon for delivery today . I could have purchase the same unit via e-bay or Walmart cheaper than Amazon. Another HUGE reason for me to buy through Amazon, Walmart or E-bay? One of those Vevors was insured via Walmart, I filed a claim Sunday. By Tuesday afternoon I received an email asking me how I wanted my money, via credit card or a check. 😁👍 GX direct does not offer extended warrantees. Ya I paid a more to Amazon, but today I get my GX, secured, overnight, with 3 years of financial comfort. And Forge is stocking parts which is a big plus for GX! As a certified cheap ass, it was worth the extra $.

Reactions: BluegrassBill2020
I agree with you and Star, the chances of being charged taxes are probably slim. And certainly taxes charged may depend on how its shipped. But buying direct from the factory is far more complex than worrying about taxes. Its one component of the decision for me. Here's why I got spooked and finally thought, screw it, pay up you cheap ass. Here was my thinking!

I had 2 Vevors go down within 48 hours of each other, one was a backup because I knew their product was crap. I needed a compressor bad and now. I was exchanging hate e-mails with Vevor CS starting Monday early AM and if you read their reviews you know why, their CS is horrible. I know, it's fair to verbally paddle me for buying Vevor, but in my defense I was a newbie. I started watching Forge videos Monday and quickly determined GX was a good solution for me, so I went price shopping. Its why I chatted with GX corporate Wednesday morning after reading Reis's post. On a scale of 1 to 10, dealing with GX was a 6. I never could get a straight answer for us on that C4 grease fitting, and I tried hard. That spooked me a bit since I had Vevor PTSD.

I've been on a spending bender of late buying stuff from all over the world. This month I ordered some Notos Carm mags the same day I ordered the gun. I ordered from Darko like 3 times or more in the last year so I was familiar with his ship times, customs, etc.. IMO the Notos was worthless if I had to use OEM mags. I needed them inside the 30 day return window for testing so I was tracking them daily. I started to panic and a week later as I could see the Carm mags were stuck in customs hell. So I ordered a mag from Canada (Maple) to ensure I got a mag ASAP, it got hung up in customs. The problem was not USPS or their postal services. I prefer USPS much more than UPS and Fed Ex, the tracking is exceptional, delivery is fast, and I know "within an hour" of when my mailman will show up at my house. This point is huge to me, I don't have to wait through a 4 to 6 hour UPS or Fed Ex window. And porch pirates are a problem in our area. Last week I had a GK1 shipped to me and requested it ship USPS, not UPS or Fed Ex. If you don't have USPS Informed Delivery, get it. No way I wasn't going to be home for that delivery, that package is a porch pirate salt lick! My mail man comes everyday at "happy hour" around 4:30 PM, I love it, it's easy to wait around. I've also signed up for Amazon "key delivery" the month it was offered. In the end Amazon was a no brainer, overnight delivery, secure in my garage, no waiting around to be delivered, sign me up, I ordered yesterday at noon for delivery today . I could have purchase the same unit via e-bay or Walmart cheaper than Amazon. Another HUGE reason for me to buy through Amazon, Walmart or E-bay? One of those Vevors was insured via Walmart, I filed a claim Sunday. By Tuesday afternoon I received an email asking me how I wanted my money, via credit card or a check. 😁👍 GX direct does not offer extended warrantees. Ya I paid a more to Amazon, but today I get my GX, secured, overnight, with 3 years of financial comfort. And Forge is stocking parts which is a big plus for GX! As a certified cheap ass, it was worth the extra $.
Direct it was around $505 shipped to my door. Ebay has it right now for $565 plus sales tax, no extended warranty.