GX CS4 I - New compresor from Alibaba with INTERNAL POWER SUPPLY - DASH I

Screenshot_20240313_183606_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20240313_183619_Samsung Internet.jpg

The specs say 30 Amp.
The motor's max rating is 350W, which equates to 29.17 amps @ 12vdc. But it doesn't run at max power. The OP is asking how many AC amps it pulls when running. Someone on AGN has posted the before, but I cannot post it now. Hopefully they will see these posts and speak up again with his experience.

But using a calculator, it should draw about 2.64 amps from the AC circuit.

Reactions: Airgun Al
Hummm that doesn't sound right as most 110 outlets in a home are 15 amp. It would trip the breaker I would think.
If you click on this link, and scroll way down to "Product Paramenters" it states that the "maximum current" is 30 Amps.
After purchasing a household generator, I discovered that coffee pots are a huge consumer of electricty.
Perhaps you could plug a coffee pot (or hot plate, or croc-pot) into your SUV's outlet, and see how it does with that.
I would be surprised if a outlet in an SUV, would be capable, to be honest.

I was merely showing you can get a 30 Amp breaker for your load center if need be. The idea this compressor would need a 30 Amp breaker in a 110 vac load center circuit is beyond belief.

Gotcha. Not everyone understands the relationship between AC/DC nor between watts/amps/volts. And it becomes even more complicated when dealing with inverters or converters.

To be clear, one does NOT need a 30A breaker to run the GX compressors. 15A is way more than enough.

Reactions: Camaro454
The motor's max rating is 350W, which equates to 29.17 amps @ 12vdc. But it doesn't run at max power. The OP is asking how many AC amps it pulls when running. Someone on AGN has posted the before, but I cannot post it now. Hopefully they will see these posts and speak up again with his experience.

But using a calculator, it should draw about 2.64 amps from the AC circuit.
3A @ 120V

The thing that worries me about the internal power supply is that some on here have had their external ones go up in sparks. If that were to happen, I’d much rather it be outside the unit.
And not to mention the extra induced heat onto the inverter...
It would not.
27A @ 12V
25A @ 14V vehicle running

The vehicle has a inverter built in and has 110V outlet. I did some more research and it has a 150 watt limit so it will NOT run the compressor.:(
Yeah, I agree. 150w is only 1.36A.

My truck has a 400W bed inverter (3.6A), so it might work, though it would be pushing the limit.

Personally, I'd say one would be better off just hooking up directly to the battery and run the truck while pumping.

Yeah, I agree. 150w is only 1.36A.

My truck has a 400W bed inverter (3.6A), so it might work, though it would be pushing the limit.

Personally, I'd say one would be better off just hooking up directly to the battery and run the truck while pumping.
You have a Tacoma? Mine says 400w as well but I’m not sure it’s actually capable of that. I couldn’t even run a 2gal pancake compressor