• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

GX CS4 compressor

Does anyone know a good desiccant filter to work with the CS4?
Thank you.
I've not found a desiccant filter, but here is an oil/moisture filter that is rated to 400 BAR:
All the desiccant filters I've seen are only rated to 300 BAR.

I have had a similar experience. Their communication is dismal at best and when they do respond it's not helpful. I was also missing the grease syringe, not sure if other parts were missing or not. I got the same response that they are no longer supplying the grease and they stated the manual was an old outdated one. I asked for the new updated manual and what type of grease I should purchase for future maintenance, it's been crickets ever since!

I have spent more on compressors that failed just after they were out of warranty and paid less for compressors that are still working. I purchased direct from GX Puma, so it was over $100 cheaper than purchasing from Amazon. Square Trade offfers an appliance warranty for $99 that should work, if you wanted extra protection, so even adding the warranty, the final cost would be less than buying from Amazon and adding the warranty.

I bought the CS4 to fill my 90ci tank and air guns that take a fill of more than 300 BAR, otherwise, it's a back-up to my faster Hill Compressor. So far it's working great and I have no complaints other than their lack of communication when you have a question. I've not had an actual problem, so it's hard to say how or if they will respond if it actually fails!
@FLgunner excellent post so do you think that SquareTrade would help you out more if there was a problem than Amazon. I'm not so much worried about the cheapest price I just want to have a fallback position if the compressor s**** the bed

@FLgunner excellent post so do you think that SquareTrade would help you out more if there was a problem than Amazon. I'm not so much worried about the cheapest price I just want to have a fallback position if the compressor s**** the bed
I really don't know if either warranty is worth the money. There are a lot of videos on YT about maintenance and it seems pretty easy to work on. It does have a one year warranty and based on my experience, if it's going to fail, it will probably do so before the first year is up. Those warranties do give a certain amount of peace of mind, but I've never used one to know how well they actually work.

I really don't know if either warranty is worth the money. There are a lot of videos on YT about maintenance and it seems pretty easy to work on. It does have a one year warranty and based on my experience, if it's going to fail, it will probably do so before the first year is up. Those warranties do give a certain amount of peace of mind, but I've never used one to know how well they actually work.
Gotha thanks do they offer support after the warrenty can you buy parts etc?

The CS4 is pretty new, they probably don't have the parts listed yet, but there have been reports of GX sending parts if needed. It does have a 1 year warranty and they look to be pretty easy to work on.

On the GX Pump Website, the CS4 is now on sale for $659.99 and there is a discount code [GX10OFF] that brings the price to $594.00 shipped!

https://gxpumpofficial.com/?ref=GXProducts

So, those who have been waiting for it to go back on sale, it is now!
I've been researching compressors for a while and decided on the CS4. I don't think the price can get any better with the GX10OFF code. Ordered; $603.00 coming soon!

I paid almost that much for the CS3 about 4 years ago. I now have the CS4. There is no doubt the CS4 is waaay more value.

I also have a YH, sitting on the shelf. It has not see any use since the CS4 arrived.

Had the CS4 been available at the time, I would NEVER have spent the money on the YH. Too loud, tood much vibration, too messy with the tub of water and and the oil lube. The CS4 closed loop system and superior operating environment kicks YH in the butt. IMHO.

Reactions: peebrainz
I've had excellent luck with just plain old ordering from their website, parts being on my doorstep a few days later. *If you want to have a stroke, then order form FX airguns, that'll make you appreciate GX.
Anyway, I have two GX CS2 compressors and one CS3 compressor and they all are fantastic. I've used the CS3 so much, I keep thinking any day it will barf, but it just keeps going. I keep saying I'll relube it, but haven't yet, and it's been almost six months of fairly heavy use.
I'm sold on GX all the way. Simple, well built, don't get hot, don't need coolant, robust design, easy parts availability and reasonable pump speed for filling guns. I wouldn't mess with any other type of pump that takes coolant.
I just in the last few weeks taken apart two of my FX rifles, two HW100's, one Brocock and all have always been filled with the GX for several months now, and not a single hint of moisture in any of them. They were all spotless and I checked every nook and cranny. I also opened one of my other air bottles and it was also spotless too. I'm sold!

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
I've had excellent luck with just plain old ordering from their website, parts being on my doorstep a few days later. *If you want to have a stroke, then order form FX airguns, that'll make you appreciate GX.
Anyway, I have two GX CS2 compressors and one CS3 compressor and they all are fantastic. I've used the CS3 so much, I keep thinking any day it will barf, but it just keeps going. I keep saying I'll relube it, but haven't yet, and it's been almost six months of fairly heavy use.
I'm sold on GX all the way. Simple, well built, don't get hot, don't need coolant, robust design, easy parts availability and reasonable pump speed for filling guns. I wouldn't mess with any other type of pump that takes coolant.
I just in the last few weeks taken apart two of my FX rifles, two HW100's, one Brocock and all have always been filled with the GX for several months now, and not a single hint of moisture in any of them. They were all spotless and I checked every nook and cranny. I also opened one of my other air bottles and it was also spotless too. I'm sold!
Sounds great, just what I need to hear.