• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

GX CS4 compressor

3/21/23
So…. My GX CS4 was delivered today. Ordered it Sunday afternoon and it was delivered today. I’ve been looking for another compressor, mostly to fill guns, but wanted the capability to fill/ top off tanks also.
My main compressor is an Omega Supercharger. I think I’ve had it for about 1 1/2 years and have 30+ hours on it. So the Omega Trail Charger was on my radar. When I read about the GX CS4 I looked on the GX Pump web site, and it was pretty obvious who makes Omega. Now that I actually have it in house, there is no doubt. Right down to the carry handle.

The one small sour note is, several pieces were missing in the spare parts kit. Emailed GX, so let’s see how customer support is.

Filled the water tank and ran the pressure up with the deadhead included. All seemed good, so I topped off a gun and then my small 90 cu. in. tank. I didn’t time it, but the tank top off took longer than I expected. Everything worked fine, just seemed to take longer. This compressor runs very smoothly and really quiet. Fingers crossed.

3/27/23
The day I received my order I first tried their online 'chat', but it was late evening so I didn't expect an immediate answer. However, there has been no response since then, and that was last Tuesday 3/21.

Immediately after trying chat ... sort of thinking that was going to be an automated type of response ... I sent an email, as directed from the bottom of the email notice that my order was delivered. I described the issue of the missing spare parts with a photo of what was actually received. Again, no response since last Tuesday. PS… actually they did respond to my email, but it went to my SPAM folder and I didn’t think to look until a couple days later.

Today I tried calling. Not surprisingly, that was a joke. Their phone line would ring a couple of times then disconnect. Tried three times. Followed by another email, which has so far gone unanswered. Again, it was in my SPAM folder. That’s when I found the original response.

Their web site does not list a rebuild kit for the CS4. Maybe too new or I'm not looking in the right place, but the other pumps have kits and parts listed. I'm beginning to feel customer support is non-existent. Sure hope this unit keeps working.
:(

3/31/23
More run around from GX Pumps. Replied that they do not supply a grease syringe anymore, even though the brochure/manual lists it. Even though I sent a picture of what parts I did receive, they want me to tell them what was missing. The parts list is written in CHINESE. How am I suppose to know what’s missing. I don’t read or speak Chinese. That was the last I heard from them.

The unit is working good, so far, but I sure can’t recommend the company. Virtually no support.

4/1/23
No April Fools joke!

Target Forge is reported to carry GX compressor parts and maybe that’s a fall back… after warranty. The point is, no customer support what’s a warranty worth? And… if GX Pumps doesn’t have a parts kit in the catalog yet, where does TF get them?

It’s not just Chinese companies. I bought a night vision scope from a U.S. (Texas) based company and got the same treatment. Only difference was I bought through Amazon and it was easy to return. In this case, I’m sure return postage would be on my nickel and a compressor would be a big nickel. So, I’ll ride it out and recommend no dealings with GX Pumps.

Reactions: mb94952
That's why maybe false economy to buy it from the GX company with a discount rather than buying it from Amazon with an extended warranty. At least with Amazon with an extended warranty you have an expectation of a minimum lifespan for your purchase. Without the hassles of paying for shipping it back or having a non-response from the vendor.

I have had a similar experience. Their communication is dismal at best and when they do respond it's not helpful. I was also missing the grease syringe, not sure if other parts were missing or not. I got the same response that they are no longer supplying the grease and they stated the manual was an old outdated one. I asked for the new updated manual and what type of grease I should purchase for future maintenance, it's been crickets ever since!

I have spent more on compressors that failed just after they were out of warranty and paid less for compressors that are still working. I purchased direct from GX Puma, so it was over $100 cheaper than purchasing from Amazon. Square Trade offfers an appliance warranty for $99 that should work, if you wanted extra protection, so even adding the warranty, the final cost would be less than buying from Amazon and adding the warranty.

I bought the CS4 to fill my 90ci tank and air guns that take a fill of more than 300 BAR, otherwise, it's a back-up to my faster Hill Compressor. So far it's working great and I have no complaints other than their lack of communication when you have a question. I've not had an actual problem, so it's hard to say how or if they will respond if it actually fails!

I know FB is not for everyone and a lot of folks want nothing to do with it. I'm not a big fan either, however, this morning I found the GX Pump FB page and sent them a message about parts availability for the CS4. To my shock and amazement, I received a reply within minutes and was told parts are currently on their way to the U.S. warehouse and would be listed on their website once they are available. So, anyone with questions, if you use FB, you may want to message them there, seems they monitor that more than e-mail... Also, I based on the response, I believe you'll be dealing with someone from the U.S., not China!

Reactions: mb94952 and MACTEN
I have used mine, probably a dozen times, to top off guns and a small tank. No problems and it runs very quiet and smooth. Just concerning that there is very weak customer support. Only time will tell, but I’m hopeful to get good service from this compressor.
Haven’t tried it on 12V yet.

Read the other thread on the CS4 and I’m more hopeful.

I have been in contact with GX Pumps through FB Messenger the past 2 days. On Sunday I believe I was chatting with someone here in the States, this morning, I believe it was someone in China. They say they read and respond to e-mails and messages sent through their website, but I pointed out I had sent several, as have others here, that were not answered. I also mentioned I'm a member of an Airgun Forum and one of the bigest complaints was the lack of response to questions sent by customers and potential customers. They asked which Airgun Forum and I sent them a link. With any luck, they will start monitoring the posts here and see what folks are saying. Better yet, would be for them to become a member and respond directly to the folks here who have questions or concerns. I guess time will tell what they decide to do...

I'm happy with my YH but if I had to replace it today I would take a hard look at the GX4. Unlike the earlier ones it can fill a tank which is the way I like to fill my guns. But the option to easily transport it and to fill using a car's electrical system (or probably a power tool battery with a mod Target Forge did to a GS2) is great flexibility. The question I have for those who have one is whether you have tested the effectiveness of the water separation that comes with the GX4 by using an additional filter and then checking it for water. Does the stock separator get everything or is additional filtration advisable? Filling a tank would seem to be the bigger test (as opposed to a gun).

The CS4 does a very good job at separating the water from air. I have a small moisture filter on my fill whip and even after filling my 580cc tank on the SK-19, the filter feels dry. Also, not dirty oil like you see in the filter on the YH compressors.
Same here. Filter still seems dry inline. I've had several compressors now and this is the only one so far that appears to put out at least seemingly dry air. Future tech? Maybe this is the Huben of compressors...

Don't get a warm and fuzzy about no water inside the inline filter. Ambient air always has moisture and conservation of mass is a law of physics. Every water molecule in the air has to be account for. Those molecules not remove prior to the air entering the gun's tank is going inside the tank regardless if the filter appears dry. Does the CS4 have a cooling tower that vents gas and some water when doing a purge after filling. If that is dry too I would be wary and assume the air is hot enough to keep the water as vapor while it enters the gun's tank!

Don't get a warm and fuzzy about no water inside the inline filter. Ambient air always has moisture and conservation of mass is a law of physics. Every water molecule in the air has to be account for. Those molecules not remove prior to the air entering the gun's tank is going inside the tank regardless if the filter appears dry. Does the CS4 have a cooling tower that vents gas and some water when doing a purge after filling. If that is dry too I would be wary and assume the air is hot enough to keep the water as vapor while it enters the gun's tank!
The pump does not get that hot while running, I have a temp guage on mine and it's barely gets to 80 degrees F when filling my guns. The inline filter I have on mine is designed to capture moisture and when it was onmy Benjamin Traveler, it used to be quite moist on the inlet side after filling a gun, on the CS4 it feels bone dry. So, I have to assume the moisture is effectively being removed prior too making it to the output fitting of the compressor. All the other compressors I have owned run much hotter and the inline moisture filters get damp to the touch after filling a gun, this one doesn't. I'm no engineer, so I really can't explain why, but I can tell the difference based on the feel of the filter material when connected to the CS4 compared to all the other compressors I have used. Hopefully, it's just doing a very good job of separating the moisture from the air.

I believe both have an internal air water separator, but I still use a small tampon style filter just as an added measure. Here's a link to the GX Pumps website where you can compare the specs:

The CS3 Models are currently on sale for a good bit cheaper than on Amazon, and there is a coupon for an additional 10% off: GXPUMPS10OFF

Here's a link to the type of filter I am useing on my CS4:

I will say, the filter still feels dry even after filling a 580cc tank ffrom 150 BAR to 250 BAR, so the internal air/warter separator on the CS4 does a good job!