GX CS4 Compressor is now available on Amazon…

Mine arrived on Tuesday and I have used it a couple times. Question for those who added an hour meter, what type did you use and is it working? I added one of the vibration hour meters, but I'm not sure it's even registering since this thing does not shake like other compressors I've had!

I also added a temperature gauge, I zip tied the probe to the side of the cylinder. While filling the 580cc tank on my LCS from 150 BAR to 250 BAR it only reached 77.7F.

Here is a short video of it running so you can see how quiet it is:

So far I am really liking it!
This is the hour meter I use. 20 bucks off Amazon. It has low and high sensitivity. I use high.
So far so good on this compressor. Way better than either of the Hill units I had.
20230316_081212.jpg

And it matches, nice! LOL! I have one of the square ones that don't have the sensativity setting. Sometimes when the compressor is running I see the little hourglass blinking, but other times it's not. I've only filled 3 guns with it so far, but it's yet to change from 0.0! I may have to try another one since I need to track run time for the grease pot! Thanks...

Mine arrived on Tuesday and I have used it a couple times. Question for those who added an hour meter, what type did you use and is it working? I added one of the vibration hour meters, but I'm not sure it's even registering since this thing does not shake like other compressors I've had!

I also added a temperature gauge, I zip tied the probe to the side of the cylinder. While filling the 580cc tank on my LCS from 150 BAR to 250 BAR it only reached 77.7F.

Here is a short video of it running so you can see how quiet it is:

So far I am really liking it!
Nice video and walk through FLgunner.

I added a generic hour meter I picked up from Amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q3QF62K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ). Wired it to the start switch so it only reads when pump is on instead just having the unit on. Connecting the wire was a little bit of a pain but works perfect. Good luck with the pump. Mine continues to work flawlessly.

I'm a little leary of attaching anything to the internal electronics of the pump, other than a tie strap around the cylinder fins for the temp probe. I'm going to give mine another week and if it hasn't registered an hour by then, I'll have to try something else. At least the 4-6 hour intraval for grease is large enough to compensate for a lost hour or two on the meter while I get it figured out!

Yea, it runs so smooth. I also wondered if it was recording any run time.
I can hear the same little squeak on your compressor that mine has. Now I feel it's normal.

Thank you for confirming you have "the squeak" also! I wondered if that was normal? When I opened the case to install the temp gauge I noticed the elbow where the intake filter is attached was really loose where it attached to the side of the cylinder. I thought the squeak may have been from air leaking past that, but it was still there after tightening up that fitting!

I'm a little leary of attaching anything to the internal electronics of the pump, other than a tie strap around the cylinder fins for the temp probe. I'm going to give mine another week and if it hasn't registered an hour by then, I'll have to try something else. At least the 4-6 hour intraval for grease is large enough to compensate for a lost hour or two on the meter while I get it figured out!

Thank you for confirming you have "the squeak" also! I wondered if that was normal? When I opened the case to install the temp gauge I noticed the elbow where the intake filter is attached was really loose where it attached to the side of the cylinder. I thought the squeak may have been from air leaking past that, but it was still there after tightening up that fitting!
My air filter was just hanging there also. 😂
My hour meter has a "lock" setting. That way it doesn't regester anything if you're transporting it. Had no clue if it was inlocked until it finally regestered some time.

I received mine on Wednesday and used it to fill a brand new 3L tank. Less than 12 hours later the valves gauge completely blew and all the air leaked out. Anyway, after removing the valve assembly, I turned my tank upside down and about 1 tablespoon of water came out. I live in Florida and looks like an inline filter is probably a very good idea.
thumbnail_IMG_3116.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3115.jpg

The GX PUMP version does not seem to be included in the sale. So I went to Walmart paid $599 plus $81 for a 4-year warranty and got the unit rated for 5-hour continuous run time. Amazon has the same unit at $699 and $86 for the extended warranty.
Ordered the in line filter and hour timer from Amazon $35 for both.

Is this good? dont see PH ?

Prestone DEX-COOL Antifreeze+Coolant; Extended Life -1 Gal- Ready to Use, 50/50​

Any time you use an antifreeze, you actually lose cooling capacity, because the AF makes the water more viscous.

Having said that, these compressors don't get all that hot, so it probably doesn't matter. AF will have anti-corrosion properties that are helpful, but even a system with AF needs "maintenance" in that you should check the Ph every 6-12 months. Low Ph is BAD for aluminum components (well, metal in general).

It is my opinion that WW will provide better cooling than AF, and also has a fungicide and is alkaline (a tad higher Ph). But I haven't gotten my CS4 yet, so I cannot test the heat gains with WW vs. pure distilled. More to follow...

Any idea of how difficult these are to rebuild? Are there any diagrams in parts lists? Are parts available to be purchased? I presume all pumps matter if they're a $50 hand pump to a $5,000 diver pump eventually we'll need to be maintained and rebuilt.
It did come with tools, some spare parts and a complete diagram. Everything is there except the manual. I think it will be good for my needs.