• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

GX CS4 Compressor - Initial Impressions

Tested each hose separately as Ronin suggested then added the FASTTOBUY brand of filter Ronin linked (Amazon) stated rating of 4500psi (water/oil separator) which blew the burst disc before it reached 290bar auto shut off on the compressor. Filter rated 30MPA in same line of advertising which = 300bar=4351psi. Either way the burst disc is supposed to always be rated well above working max pressure. I don’t know what the industry standard is, and cant remember what my scuba tanks are set at. I routinely fill my 80 and 100 ft.³ aluminums up to 3600 (rated at 3000 with factory burst discs), and my steel 104’s are rated 2400 and we fill to 3600 everyday in cave country, and have snuck in 4000 on rare occasion. I’m done for today, will replace disc tomorrow and report back.

Price just dropped again! $599.99 now, $540.00 after applying the GX10OFF discount code!

https://gxpumpofficial.com/?ref=GXProducts

This is the price I paid back when they first came out!
;D

Reactions: mb94952 and gendoc
Great review, Thanks. The CS4 is out of my budget. What is the main difference between the CS4 and the CS3?
The CS-3 is a two stage compressor, the CS-4 is a 4 stage compressor, so it fills faster and will fill to a higher PSI. The CS-3 fills to 300 Bar, the CS-4 fills to 400 Bar. The CS-4 is also able to fill large tanks, the CS-3 is for filling air guns direct. Both are reliable and if you don’t need to fill to higher pressures or fill larger tanks, the CS-3 should fill your needs.

Reactions: CfiDave
Hi All, I just ordered my CS4 $540 shipped! It's a replacement for a Nomad II so I hope it's an upgrade. My question is regarding cooling liquid. Has anyone tried to use the cooling liquid made for computers? I know it's more expensive but I do have extra from my water-cooled computers. TIA
I was wondering about the same thing. Only requirement that I've read is pH neutral of around 7. Right now I'm still just using water, but working well enough that I need to find some coolant.

Reactions: FuegoMarty
Upvote0

[IMG alt="FLgunner"]https://www.airgunnation.com/data/avatars/s/6/6493.jpg?1654695133[/IMG]

FLgunner

Member​

The manual says either PH Neautral Anti-freeze or Distilled water. I have a thermometer on the head of mine and filling a new 580cc tank on an air rifle from 0 - 250 BAR, it never even hit 90F! So, quite honestly, straight distilled water would probably work just fine.

IMG_2619.jpg

This is what I'm using, it's Walmat's brand
DIstilled water has better thermal coefficient than any "antifreeze" so it cools better. Water wetter is like a non foaming soap. It decreases surface tension ( prevent large drops on a piece of glass). Which makes it cool even better and prevents corrosion. However it does not prevent freezing if you need that for your climate.

Hi All.
My brother is an engineer and I asked him to look at this pump. This is what he said- The pump looks really nice but he said that I would be better off filling a large tank and using the tank to fill my guns instead of directly filing the guns. He said that my gun's tank size and max 4500 psi would fill up too fast for the compressor to get "working" and would not be able to do its "thing" and prematurely break down on me. I was planning on direct filing my guns- The largest is 1L but most are smaller. Should I buy a large tank or should I have purchased the CS3? TIA

Last edited:
Hi All.
My brother is an engineer and I asked him to look at this pump. This is what he said- The pump looks really nice but he said that I would be better off filling a large tank and using the tank to fill my guns instead of directly filing the guns. He said that my gun's tank size and max 4500 psi would fill up too fast for the compressor to get "working" and would not be able to do its "thing" and prematurely break down on me. I was planning on direct filing my guns- The largest is 1L but most are smaller. Should I buy a large tank or should I have purchased the CS3? TIA
Your brother might not realize how long the compressor will run filling a gun direct. I fill my guns exclusively from my compressor both to 250 and 300 bar. The killer for this and any compressor is heat notwithstanding poor manufacturing tolerances and or materials. Filling a bottle will almost always require a longer run and in some cases require a cool down cycle before complete fill. I would monitor temperature at all times and use best practices in your maintenance.