• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

GX CS4 Compressor - Initial Impressions

Yup. I filled the reservoir and ran the pump off and on until all the bubbles quit, got good flow. then shook the pump around an tossed the water out.

The pump has anti vibration feet on the side, making me believe it can be run upright or sideways. I will most likely stay with upright operation. Heck of a lot nicer than the bucket and pump setup for the young heng, and a whole lot cooler temps and much much more quiet.

Reactions: mb94952
Yup. I filled the reservoir and ran the pump off and on until all the bubbles quit, got good flow. then shook the pump around an tossed the water out.

The pump has anti vibration feet on the side, making me believe it can be run upright or sideways. I will most likely stay with upright operation. Heck of a lot nicer than the bucket and pump setup for the young heng, and a whole lot cooler temps and much much more quiet.
THANKS Jim !!!! That's some great info. I STILL haven't set mine up since I bought it last month for fear of missing a step, or just not feeling confident enough.

Reactions: Moderator3

Youre convincing me to switch over. I cant stand the bucket, ice packs, keeping my dogs away from drinking the water etc

Seems pretty straight forward, other than putting the head back on backwards! Seems he stopped the video as soon as he discovered his error, because the panel probably would not go back on with the breather facing that direction! I seems odd they didn't add a grease pot ot the CS3 since the grease pot on the CS4 is attached to the top of the head and it looks to be about the same size.
Thank you for your post outstanding videos by the way. You seem very knowledgeable about this stuff. I'm a newbie here I'm curious if you don't mind me asking I think you got a great deal.

First question would be do you think this is equivalent or better than the Omega trail charger how come you didn't get the Omega trail charger.

Second question would be what is the warranty I think the warranty on an Omega trail charger is only one year

Do you think I would be able to find people to work on this if I had a problem I live in Massachusetts and my biggest fear is buying one of these things and after the warranty. Not having somebody available to work on it.

Have you had to contact support for anything have they been helpful.

Question I'm thinking about getting a huben what is the max amount you were able to fill yours through air tanks.

Thank you for your post outstanding videos by the way. You seem very knowledgeable about this stuff. I'm a newbie here I'm curious if you don't mind me asking I think you got a great deal.

First question would be do you think this is equivalent or better than the Omega trail charger how come you didn't get the Omega trail charger.

Second question would be what is the warranty I think the warranty on an Omega trail charger is only one year

Do you think I would be able to find people to work on this if I had a problem I live in Massachusetts and my biggest fear is buying one of these things and after the warranty. Not having somebody available to work on it.

Have you had to contact support for anything have they been helpful.

Question I'm thinking about getting a huben what is the max amount you were able to fill yours through air tanks.
Thank you for your kind words! I'm by no means an expert, but I have owned a few different compressors over the years and thus far, the CS4 seem to be well thought out and built quite well also. To answer you questions, I'll just paste them below and do my best!

First question would be do you think this is equivalent or better than the Omega trail charger how come you didn't get the Omega trail charger?
I can't really speak as to if one is better than the other. From what I've seen and read, the CS4 is quite possibly the next generation Omega Trail Charger. The Trail Charger is only rated to 4500 psi fills and requires several run cycles of 30 minutes run, 20 minutes cool when filling tanks. The CS4 is rated to 5800 psi and has a run cycle of 5 continous hours! Any time you stop the Trail Charger to cool, you need to bleed the air from the lines so you don't risk damaging the compressor. So if you are running an in-line filter, the compressor has to refill the line and the filter everytime your restart the filling process. This of course cuts into the 30 minute run time and lengthens the time require to fill a tank. The CS4 can just run till the tank is full! Also, the CS$ has a 350W motor and I believe the Trail Charger has a 250W motor like the CS3. And there's the price, with the CS4 being $100 cheaper.

Second question would be what is the warranty I think the warranty on an Omega trail charger is only one year? The CS4 has the same 1 year warranty as the Trail Charger, which is pretty much industry standard for these compressors.

Do you think I would be able to find people to work on this if I had a problem I live in Massachusetts and my biggest fear is buying one of these things and after the warranty. Not having somebody available to work on it. I would think any small appliance shop that services refrigerators and such would be able to work on it. From what I've seen on YT, it seems pretty easy to work on if you decided to do it yourself. I have not needed to work on mine, so it's hard for me to say based on personal experience.

Have you had to contact support for anything have they been helpful. I have and they have been pretty responsive. I have found they tend to be a bit more responsive in responding to FB Messenger than an e-mail.

Question I'm thinking about getting a huben what is the max amount you were able to fill yours through air tanks. I can fill my Huben right up to the max 5000 psi with no problem.

I hope this helps with your decision. I just checked on-line and it appears the CS4 is no longer in stock on Amazon, but it is still in stock at GX Pumps direct. They aren't on sale any longer like the CS2 and CS3, but they do offer free shipping and when I ordered direct, I was not charged sales tax, which is a savings over ordering from Amazon!

Wow!!! You know a lot!! you should really think about starting a you tube channel. One last question.
You said the CS4 is rated to 5800 psi and has a run cycle of 5 continous hours!
With that being said I am assuming it can refill any size air scuba tank correct? Or is it only made to refill air gun.
Thank you so much!!! I might end up buying one.

Reactions: FLgunner
Wow!!! You know a lot!! you should really think about starting a you tube channel. One last question.
With that being said I am assuming it can refill any size air scuba tank correct? Or is it only made to refill air gun.
sorry meant to tag you at FLgunner

I don't know how much I know, this is just based on specs on the internet and my own experience. According to the GX Website, the CS4 will fill a 6.8L tank from 0-4500 psi in 2 hours and 40 minutes, so just about half of it's rated run cycle! I don't own a large tank, just a small 90CI Guppy Tank, so I mainly fill guns direct and this small tank.

BTW, I do have a YT Channel, but it's mainly pesting videos and videos of the critters that visit my backyard! If you might be interested: https://www.youtube.com/@paulspneumaticholepunchvideos/videos

I have had mine for a month and agree completely with your review. I filled my Great White SCBA carbon fiber tank 6.8 L to 5800 psi just to see if it could operate as advertised. It did. It is very quiet. It does fill quick. Filled my Huben K1 to 5000psi. Its rated for that. Its a game changer.
Wow you just answered one of my questions thank you!!!

Reactions: mb94952 and TRIPP
@FLgunner, if one was not looking to fill bottles, would you still recommend the CS2 or CS3? I was leaning towards the CS3-I (for the internal power supply), before I came upon your excellent review here of CS4. Thanks!
Absolutely! I had a CS3 prior to getting the CS4. It was working perfectly, I just wanted something that would fill my Huben to the max fill of 5000 psi and fill my 90ci tank. I actually used the CS3 to fill my 90ci tank, I just used the one-way valve BestFittings makes and filled it using the 30 minute run/20 minute cool cycle. But it filled all my air guns, even those with the 580cc tanks!

The CS3-I is on sale at GX Pumps for $449.99, Coupon Code 10OFFSHOP drops is to $405.00 with free shipping. The CS3-I is nice because you don't have the separate power supply like you do with the CS3 and CS4.

Absolutely! I had a CS3 prior to getting the CS4. It was working perfectly, I just wanted something that would fill my Huben to the max fill of 5000 psi and fill my 90ci tank. I actually used the CS3 to fill my 90ci tank, I just used the one-way valve BestFittings makes and filled it using the 30 minute run/20 minute cool cycle. But it filled all my air guns, even those with the 580cc tanks!

The CS3-I is on sale at GX Pumps for $449.99, Coupon Code 10OFFSHOP drops is to $405.00 with free shipping. The CS3-I is nice because you don't have the separate power supply like you do with the CS3 and CS4.

I ordered the CS3-I, Thanks again!

I'm just did a head to head between the CS3 and the CS4. The pumps were filling my bottle fill whip because it has a nice large gauge.

0-3000 psi

CS3. 1 min 47 seconds
CS4. 46 seconds

CS4 moves slower than the CS3, but it cranks out the volume, big-time.

Note, my CS3 has been used heavily. I went to rebuild it last month, but found no wear to replace. It is not worn out, by any stretch.

The CS4 kicks the butt out of the CS3!

I'm just did a head to head between the CS3 and the CS4. The pumps were filling my bottle fill whip because it has a nice large gauge.

0-3000 psi

CS3. 1 min 47 seconds
CS4. 46 seconds

CS4 moves slower than the CS3, but it cranks out the volume, big-time.

Note, my CS3 has been used heavily. I went to rebuild it last month, but found no wear to replace. It is not worn out, by any stretch.

The CS4 kicks the butt out of the CS3!
That's the difference a 4 stage compressor makes over a 2 stage compressor. It may seem like it's just chugging along, but the incremental jumps of the gauge as they are filling are very revealing!

I flushed the system on my new GX 4 today and noticed the line that goes from the Bottom of the radiator to the piston was leaking at the Blue collar around the tubing exiting radiator. I fiddled with the collar a little bit and got it to stop leaking. Obviously not a permanent solution but I didn’t wanna do anything to void my warranty so now I tried to add my antifreeze solution in, and I can’t get the pump to prime in spite of all the rotating of the unit at minor and major angles multiple times. I I do have air gaps in my tubing easily see in the coolant. Could that be the problem? If so, or if not, what can I do now? Thanks