• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

GX CS4 Compressor - Initial Impressions

@Trucker3573
GX recommends using Xerex G48 (concentrate, NOT pre-mix) in the CS4
IMO there is no reason to worry that it won't keep your outdoor compressor from freezing if your use ratio meets the low Temps expected.
Amazon link below, but it is much less expensive at a local Auto Parts store

As far as cooling
I have had my CS4 in use for 13 hours (total) with no cooling issues.
FWIW
2 says ago, at an air temperature of 96* I ran the compressor for 2-1/2 hours, and I could still put my finger in the water reservoir.
The small thermometer I have mounted immediately outside the cooling fan vent read 101*

Just my limited experience

Hope this helps!

Edward

Thank you very much

Reactions: SilentSquirrel
I want to thank all of you for your contributions on the CS4. I decided to take a chance on one ordered through GX with the 10OFF code. It was delivered to CA USA surprisingly fast (order placed 9/7/23). The "water" tank was full of something that looked like urine but fortunately had no odor. The plastic bag and the bottom of the case had what looked like rusty water stains. They wiped off easily, but I have yet to open the case to see what is inside.

I flushed the "coolant" and used water wetter. Water wetter lists "alkaline materials" content on the label, but that is commonplace in corrosion preventing coolants for alloy block internal combustion engines. I used fresh PH paper and got a final reading of between 7 and 8. I used to road race MC and glycol-based coolants are forbidden on the track, so I have a lifetime supply of water wetter.

With the hose plugged; 300bar in 35s and pressure held. I'll open the case in the next day or so to see what mank lies in the chassis. Dang! It's quiet!
thanks again!

Reactions: Tango Sierra
Wow, that is a good price! Of course, once you put that PS inside the case, you are introducing another source of heat! I kind of like the separate PS mounted under my workbench, out of sight, out of harm's way, and not introducing any more heat inside the compressor!

Power Supply.jpg

Paul

Just got mine a few days ago and coming from the old shoebox days this thing is so quiet and easy to use!! Did the tank rinse 4 times then added distilled water with some wetter water and a small filter at connection on outlet port did the 0 to 4500 psi test twice and was 27 seconds both times . so did first fill tonite on a 6.8 li carbon tank from 1000 psi to 4500 psi and took 2hr 36 min !! And barely got warm very impressed with it so far.

I have one, have had it for about 9 months and it's still going strong! I purchased direct from GX Pumps using their discount code [GX10OFF] for a 10% discount. They ship for free and don't chage sales tax in most States.

The compression cycle is slow since itt's a four stage compressor and it runs so cool, I'm not sure aan extended warranty is a sound investment. If I were buying a 2 stage compressor based on the YH design, I would definately get one because they run fast and hot, and heat is a killer! Just my opinion, but if you want peace of mind, there are companies like SquareTrade that sell Appliance Warranties. The tax saving and discount offered by GX Pumps would probably off-set the cost of the extended warranty compared to buying off Amazonn and buying their warranty.

And for wat it's worth, and I have no explanation for they, but it seems there are more problems getting the right compressor or one without problems when ordering from Amazon. I have not heard of many issues experienced buy folks who ordered direct from GX Pumps. I'm sure there are others that can share their experience as well.

Reactions: Dougie
I have one, have had it for about 9 months and it's still going strong! I purchased direct from GX Pumps using their discount code [GX10OFF] for a 10% discount. They ship for free and don't chage sales tax in most States.

The compression cycle is slow since itt's a four stage compressor and it runs so cool, I'm not sure aan extended warranty is a sound investment. If I were buying a 2 stage compressor based on the YH design, I would definately get one because they run fast and hot, and heat is a killer! Just my opinion, but if you want peace of mind, there are companies like SquareTrade that sell Appliance Warranties. The tax saving and discount offered by GX Pumps would probably off-set the cost of the extended warranty compared to buying off Amazonn and buying their warranty.

And for wat it's worth, and I have no explanation for they, but it seems there are more problems getting the right compressor or one without problems when ordering from Amazon. I have not heard of many issues experienced buy folks who ordered direct from GX Pumps. I'm sure there are others that can share their experience as well.
Took Amazon three shipments to get me the correct compressor, and during the drama, they cancelled my extended warranty for no reason. Not my normal Amazon experience.
Third time was a charm. My CS3-I has been great for the 8 hrs it has been used so far.

Off Topic, but still makes you wonder what's up with Amazon... Before Christmas I purchased an Apple Watch as a gift. The next day it went on sale for $70 off! I called Amazon and asked about a price adjustment. I was told to just order a second and return the first one. The next day I was informed I had purchased the wrong color, so I ordered a third. This was was given as a gift. When I initiated the return on the first 2, Amazon would not allow me to print the return labels and drop them off at our local UPS store as I normally do. Also, due to the price, I requested the refund go back to the card I used for the purchase (their Amazon CC). My return option was to schedule a pick up by UPS, who would supply the labels. The next day (Nov 21) UPS picks up both packages. Neither box was opened, other than to slip their RMA form into it as instructed. I track the shipment to their warehouse and everything seems fine, they were both derived on November 27. The Amazon website shows both were received and were being processed. This is where it went south... A month later (was supposed to be 5-10 days for the refund) they are still processing the refund and everyday I check status the estimated refund date keeps moving back. I contact Amazon and got some low level loser CS dude that just kept appologizing for the delay, but never offered any assistance or to upchannel it to a supervisor. Another week goes by and still nothing, so I file a dispute with the bank. Amazon declines both claims, claiming they never received the watches! I submit the Proof of Delivery for both that I obtained from the UPS wesite along with screen shots of both Refund status pages showing Amazon says they were delivered. Yesterday I get a call from the bank, Amazon refunded the 2nd watch (the cheaper one) but is still disputing the first, claiming they have not received it. The Bank is still fighting on my behalf, but I am seriously considering dropping my Amazon membership. I do know I will never purchase another large ticket item from them ever again! Small cheap items that can be refunded for Amazon Gift Card credit is fine, you typically get that as soon as UPS scans the return label, but if it's a few hundred dollars and you want to refunded to your cerdit card, I would seriously think twice! Anyway, sorry for the long rant, now back to our regularly scheduled post!