• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

GX CS4 Compressor - Initial Impressions

Hi All,
Thanks for the help- I will take some ownership in that I did not want to take the cover off and go "through" the pump. With that said here is where I am at. The leak was stopped by tightening the brass bolt that my finger is on. Next, I went through the control board and connectors. Another problem was found. The wire came off the switch for the auto-shut control. I stripped a bit of wire and crimped it in the switch and the pump works. Tested pressure with just the line at several bar settings and shut off works perfectly. I know this was not that big of a deal but again, it's a brand-new pump. What would you guys do?

problem.jpg

prob 2.jpg

fix.jpg

pumpguts.jpg

Reactions: W.Sheid
Good work on the tinker/fix.

What to do, now???

Pump air and shoot your gun. Be happy. Life is too short to be bitter. Glad to know you were able to knock out the little gremlins.

You will be happier now that you have seen the insides of the pump. Take the mystery out of the magic box. Be confident.
100% great advice: Outside of the "new" disappointment. So far under 1 hour of use, I have this to say. In my case upgrading from my first pump, a Nomad II, to the CS4- night and day in just sound alone. The CS4 is so much better considering I paid $ 799+ shipping for the nomad and $540 shipped for the CS4. Time will tell how long it lasts. As for my unit, I will just assume it had a rough time in shipping. Hey your fill time may vary

Just got a new CS4 today and flushed the system and filled with antifreeze. When I did the dead head test it only got up to 180 bar and stayed there. I checked all the connections and everything seemed tight. I tried it again and this time it stopped at 200 bar. I kept stopping, bleeding and restarting it and each time it went about another 20 bar higher until it finally hit 300 bar after about 6 or 7 tries. Is this normal?? Also, the grease pot has a solid rubber seal that looks like it would prevent any grease from entering the system. Is everyone else's like that??

Just got a new CS4 today and flushed the system and filled with antifreeze. When I did the dead head test it only got up to 180 bar and stayed there. I checked all the connections and everything seemed tight. I tried it again and this time it stopped at 200 bar. I kept stopping, bleeding and restarting it and each time it went about another 20 bar higher until it finally hit 300 bar after about 6 or 7 tries. Is this normal?? Also, the grease pot has a solid rubber seal that looks like it would prevent any grease from entering the system. Is everyone else's like that??
That's not normal....with the dead head in the fill line, I think it says in the instructions that it should pump up to 300 bar and shut off within 38 seconds.....

BassMan, the rubber disc under the grease pot, should have a small hole in it. When you turn the center knob, it will force grease down into the piston area. The hole in mine was not open enough. So I opened it up a bit,and now grease flows. The rubber disc is suppose to prevent grease from just seeping down when not needed. Hope that helps. May you shoot straight and have unlimited air! Grassguy..

Reactions: JimNM
BassMan, the rubber disc under the grease pot, should have a small hole in it. When you turn the center knob, it will force grease down into the piston area. The hole in mine was not open enough. So I opened it up a bit,and now grease flows. The rubber disc is suppose to prevent grease from just seeping down when not needed. Hope that helps. May you shoot straight and have unlimited air! Grassguy..
I guess I'll have to punch a hole in it. I even held it up to the light looking for a hole and there is none.

Can you post a picture of the pot? Also, does the line test hold 300 bar now? Mine came a bit tweaked but works well. Customer support in my case with a language barrier said I could fix the pump for free because they would send me parts. They said they sent me a new wiring harness. I will post when it arrives.

Excellent. Also the grease in mine wasn’t full. I think they only put enough grease for a few lube cycles. I ordered 3 tubes of grease from aliexpres. I think it’s the type that is shipped in the compressors. I also have an Omega Aircharger that uses the same grease. Renewable lubricants makes a food grade lubricant that is supposed to be the same. I’ll get a container from them when my supply gets low. I’ll back the lube screw out, fill the pot and make sure there is no air pockets are inside,and screw the pot back in and rock on! Shoot straight and enjoy unlimited air.👍🏽

Reactions: Tango Sierra
I got mine yesterday. I ordered it off Aliexpress so I could get the CS4-I integrated power supply version. The US based GX supplier said they had no plans to carry this model per email to them. I paid a bit more going thru Aliexpress, but I probably won't miss having to deal with the external supply. GX must have taken flack for the grease pot and switched over to a standard zerk for this -I version. This unit pumps up faster and much quieter than my buddies Smaco. The cooling system is impressive and the unit looks easy to service. They included the tools and service parts but no external filter nor additional grease.
If you go thru Aliexpress, I had to use PayPal since my ccard wouldn't work. I ordered it last Tues, it shipped Thurs and I had it noon yesterday (Monday). Pretty fast coming direct from Shenzhen to KS. Arrived in great shape. Now if my Avenge-X ships next week, I'll be good!

Screenshot_20230828-183840_Gallery.jpg

20230828_190201.jpg

20230828_132450.jpg

20230828_165538.jpg

Hey SS,
Pic attached. The manual is a bit cryptic. Does say 0.5ml every 4-6hrs. Doesn't say what to use.
The seller texted me an hour before it arrived yesterday and mentioned that I need to select the proper input AC voltage and asked if had any questions. 1) I asked if they planned to market this model in the US. "Yes not yet. But will come soon." And 2) what grease to use. She said "Any high temperature resistance grease will be okay". So I wasn't confident with that reply. Lol. I'm gonna pull the zerk and see what/how much might be in there now.

20230829_193856.jpg

Hey SS,
Pic attached. The manual is a bit cryptic. Does say 0.5ml every 4-6hrs. Doesn't say what to use.
The seller texted me an hour before it arrived yesterday and mentioned that I need to select the proper input AC voltage and asked if had any questions. 1) I asked if they planned to market this model in the US. "Yes not yet. But will come soon." And 2) what grease to use. She said "Any high temperature resistance grease will be okay". So I wasn't confident with that reply. Lol. I'm gonna pull the zerk and see what/how much might be in there now.

View attachment 384707
@Tango Sierra
Have you seen this blog about lubing using the grease pot on the CS4 without the Zerk?
Maybe there is info in it that will help you
Edwrd

Don’t want to start a whole new thread so hopefully someone will answer this bump. I am looking to possibly add a cs4. My problem is it will have to be stored in my pole barn so my only choice for cooling will be a 50/50 automotive anti freeze. At least in the winter. It’s my understanding this doesn’t have as good of cooling properties as water? If so will it cause problems with the cs4. Is anyone else running anti freeze ?

Don’t want to start a whole new thread so hopefully someone will answer this bump. I am looking to possibly add a cs4. My problem is it will have to be stored in my pole barn so my only choice for cooling will be a 50/50 automotive anti freeze. At least in the winter. It’s my understanding this doesn’t have as good of cooling properties as water? If so will it cause problems with the cs4. Is anyone else running anti freeze ?
@Trucker3573
GX recommends using Xerex G48 (concentrate, NOT pre-mix) in the CS4
IMO there is no reason to worry that it won't keep your outdoor compressor from freezing if your use ratio meets the low Temps expected.
Amazon link below, but it is much less expensive at a local Auto Parts store

As far as cooling
I have had my CS4 in use for 13 hours (total) with no cooling issues.
FWIW
2 says ago, at an air temperature of 96* I ran the compressor for 2-1/2 hours, and I could still put my finger in the water reservoir.
The small thermometer I have mounted immediately outside the cooling fan vent read 101*

Just my limited experience

Hope this helps!

Edward

Reactions: Trucker3573