• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

GX CS4 Compressor - Initial Impressions

That isn't the pot. The pot is the part you removed. It has a piston that extrudes grease into the area pictured.
True, check inside the part you removed and see if there is grease in it. If not, I was told to use Food Grade E.P. Grease. If there is no grease in the part you removed, I would definately contact GX Pumps, either direct through their website or through FB. Personally, I've gotten better responses through FB.

I have one on the way and was wondering about coolant, antifreeze vs distilled water. I can't find PH neutral antifreeze any where.
I have also read that water has more heat absorption then antifreeze. Not sure if that is true but I was thinking rather than antifreeze
I would used distilled water and either water wetter or Royal Purple for their additives. What do you think?

The manual says either PH Neautral Anti-freeze or Distilled water. I have a thermometer on the head of mine and filling a new 580cc tank on an air rifle from 0 - 250 BAR, it never even hit 90F! So, quite honestly, straight distilled water would probably work just fine.

IMG_2619.jpg

This is what I'm using, it's Walmat's brand DexCool and it says it's safe for all cooling systems.

OK!, got mine off the porch and find there was NO Grease in the pot...... You guy's better check the system, got an email to the shipper to find out what the hell is going on ,But wtf, I was expecting better........................ ankul is the supplier/shipper.
see the Black diaphragm, for a off the head description.

View attachment 350205

True, check inside the part you removed and see if there is grease in it. If not, I was told to use Food Grade E.P. Grease. If there is no grease in the part you removed, I would definately contact GX Pumps, either direct through their website or through FB. Personally, I've gotten better responses through FB.
Here is what mine looks like. It looks like yours @FLgunner , and the cap is full of grease, so maybe yours is, too ? I guess it's both a question and a statement because it appears to be correct, but as what to do or just leave it as it is in the cap is the question.
Here's the reference article, and then photos of mine. https://blog.roninsgrips.com/the-cs...grease-to-your-compressor-and-refill-the-pot/
sfq9haC.jpg

NTaIxSz.jpg

My GX came last night. So this AM I took the cover off and flushed the cooling system with dist water, then filled it with the Rislone Hy-per Cool and dist water. Put it all back together plugged the hose with the dead head and ran it up to 4500 psi. It's quick and quiet..
The one thing to figure out is some type of better add on secondary water separator.

Reactions: mb94952
Here is what mine looks like. It looks like yours @FLgunner , and the cap is full of grease, so maybe yours is, too ? I guess it's both a question and a statement because it appears to be correct, but as what to do or just leave it as it is in the cap is the question.
Here's the reference article, and then photos of mine. https://blog.roninsgrips.com/the-cs...grease-to-your-compressor-and-refill-the-pot/
Thank you for sharing that blog post, some good information there!

• Love
My GX came last night. So this AM I took the cover off and flushed the cooling system with dist water, then filled it with the Rislone Hy-per Cool and dist water. Put it all back together plugged the hose with the dead head and ran it up to 4500 psi. It's quick and quiet..
The one thing to figure out is some type of better add on secondary water separator.
How did you flush the system ? Did you use a vacuum hose, or just slush it around and dump it ? Thanks, Mike

It's pretty simple. I detached the hose with/clamp that goes to the top of the cylinder, I spliced it to a piece of scrap hose that I had by inserting a short length of scrap brass tubing. This gave me some extra length so I could put the tube into an empty gallon jug. I then turned on the main switch (Not The Compressor) to run the water pump, then I just poured distilled water into the cooling system tank and let it run through into the gallon jug. In all I ran through about a quart and a half. If you have a second person it would be even easier as they could just hold the disconnected hose into a bucket. After it runs dry turn off the switch, re connect the hose and fill the tank. Turn the switch back on and top off the tank with the pump running. As mentioned by another forum member I chose to use Rislone Hyper Cool mixed with distilled water because the Rislone has anti corrosive properties, and cools better than water alone, or 50/50 anti freeze.

I have three GX compressors, two CS2 and one CS3. I use the CS3 daily and have had it now for a few months. I found the original factory grease is Reliable Lubricant's Bio-Food Grade EP Grease, and ordered some from them. I don't really think you need all those super expensive greases advertised if you keep up with maintenance. These compressors run slow and normally not for long times, they don't get hot at all, so a super grease is not all that important, and I'm not sure the RL grease isn't indeed a super grease. I've said a thousand times, I've never seen an engine or lubricated part fail from the wrong brand of grease, but I have seen failures from no grease at all. I don't know how the CS4 grease pot works, but greasing the other compressors that require the head to be take off is child's play and only needs done every 4-6 hours, so no big deal. The email I sent to the factory said not to do any maintenance for a year, but I don't think I'll go that distance. I don't have a need for anything more than the CS3, as I fill my six pcp rifles with it and don't use tanks or cylinders at all. I opened up my Brocock Sniper HR the other day for some repair and gave it a thorough inspection, not a single sign of moisture anywhere.
I do have two small inline water filters with both the cotton filters and desicant in them. When you include the cotton inlet filter, the small filter in the outlet and the filters I added, there is no way for any residual water to make it to the gun, and there is also no way any errant grease can make it to the gun either. These filters and the line added has increased the fill times a bit, but nothing earth shaking, and it's well worth the peace of mind. My compressor never runs more than 7-8 minutes at a time, and that's only when filling my 480cc Brocock carbon fiber bottle from empty to 250 BAR. All other times it runs less than 5 minutes tops, so it hasn't had any real heat issues. These compressors are designed well and if used with even a modicum of common sense, should last a long time. The good part is parts are readily available from multiple sources. I ordered enough parts direct from GX and had them in a couple days. If these compressors hold up as I expect they will with proper care and use, they will turn out to be the best buy in compressors yet. I have also had my HW100 .22 apart and again no sign of moisture, and I will be disassembling my HFT500 and another HW100 in .177 apart sometime soon, so I'll report on them when I get them done, but don't expect any problems.
I'd be interested in how the grease pot works too, and I'd love to have a CS4 even though I have no need for that sophisticated compressor, but they look awesome. I use the CS3 because I like the auto stop feature, but in reality, I don't mind using the CS2 and watching it as it usually is only a couple minutes.

Reactions: BSJ
I’ve read the cs4 can fill big bottles. However, I saw a video from target forge (I believe) where bill said the fill rate on the cs4 is actually quite slow but gx claims it can run for hours. Does it actually take hours to fill a 45 min scba ??
From using the CS2 and CS3 I'd say it would take quite a long time to fill a scba bottle. They pump slow, so as to not generate much heat, which is the big advantage. For filling guns directly, these are absolutely perfect. Now, maybe the CS4 pumps faster, as it's water cooled, and can handle a bit more pump speed. I'd love to try a CS4, but in all reality, I have all I need right now, and they work far out of proportion to what they cost.