GX CS4 5800 PSI / 400 Bar at Amazon for $586 or $610 Shipped from Factory Site

If you have been waiting to get one since they were out of stock recently - well, they are back in stock at Amazon, on sale for $621 with an additional $35 off coupon for a pre tax price of $586 shipped for prime members.

Update July 28-ish
They are in stock on the factory website for $610 delivered. No tax, free shipping for those without an Amazon Prime account and/or a Prime credit card. Code GX10OFF

I used my Amazon credit card for another 5% off, that almost covered the added sales tax for a net price delivered after the 5% on the card is applied of $593, about $10 less than buying it direct from the GX website (currently out of stock) with their free shipping, 10% off and no tax. I was growing annoyed at not being able to fill my guns or tanks to 4500 PSI so my extra/backup Yong Heng is going to one of my kids. I will use the other Yong Heng to bring stuff up to about 250 bar then finish them off with the GX CS4 to 300 / 310 bar for those that can handle it.

I wish the Hill EC3000 would do 400 bar and could run 5 hours without auto shutdown, but with a max of 300 bar it really doesn't make sense for my wants at $1300 to $1500 vs less than half that on the CS4.

Added July 26

I received my GX CS4 a few days ago and I am very impressed. If the CS4 existed when I bought my CS3 last year , I would have gone with the CS4 without question.

My main use for the CS4 is for filling guns / tanks that I want at 4500 psi and maybe some day higher than 4500 psi, which my Yong Heng can't handle even after the HP piston was rebuilt. It just hangs there at about 3300 fps no matter how long I run it once I hit "The Wall". No leaks anywhere on it.

So, just to see how it would do, I filled a newly purchased, used 30 minute / Scott SCBA from ZERO to 4500 PSI all in one go, bleeding the water on the CS4 about every 6-8 minutes. Total fill time was 2 Hrs 43 Minutes. The pump never overheated. Same temperature cooling air at 30 minutes as at 2:43. ( I didn't record the temp...sorry. Will next time. )

Conclusion? Since I usually buy expired tanks for use by me, family and friends and there is no filling service here anyway, I am comfortable filling 30 min / 45 cubic foot tank from empty the first time with the CS4, but I won't make that a routine. Instead I will take the empty tank up to 3000 PSI with the Yong Heng, then finish it off to 4500 with the CS4. It might be sketchy with a 45 min / 66 cu ft but doable based on a partial fill I did on one, but the 60 min / `88 cubic footer might be a bit too long for me. No plans to test a zero to 4500 psi fill on a 60 min SCBA.

The sound level is acceptable. Audible but not annoying if I am in the next room. If I am sitting next to it, I would be wearing earplugs or muffs. If it was running off a silent 12v power source, it would be even more quiet. Going to try that on a deep cycle batter on an AC charger soon.

I hit the 4-6 hr grease time and did one turn to grease it. Didn't notice any changes or drops in PSI like they say sometimes happens for a few minutes after greasing. Very easy to do. I did not open the grease reservoir to see how it works but will do that eventually. My cooling tank was spotless. I flushed it with distilled water several times and each time it came out clear. Running distilled and Ryslone Hy-Per cool. Will be changing to Water Wetter when it arrives.

(Note: I am going to post this at current end of this thread as well.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott_R_FL
I have one. Had it a month. Great little compressor, VERY quiet.
Am a member of an FB group and all other owners are thrilled.
I am in the tropics, high temps and humidity, so I am not getting the published 5 hour runtime, closer to 45 mins.
Spoke to CS and they recommended a specific coolant to run. Coolant arriving on island in a few days.
Have a YH as well, but prefer the CS4 for the lack of external bucket and the fact that it is conversation quiet....I have to check on it sometimes to make sure it's still running while I'm in another room.

I am in the tropics, high temps and humidity, so I am not getting the published 5 hour runtime, closer to 45 mins.
Spoke to CS and they recommended a specific coolant to run. Coolant arriving on island in a few days.
Have a YH as well, but prefer the CS4 for the lack of external bucket and the fact that it is conversation quiet....I have to check on it sometimes to make sure it's still running while I'm in another room.
Is it quiet enough for use indoors? Does is let off any oil smell that would be a concern for inside? Thx

Is it quiet enough for use indoors? Does is let off any oil smell that would be a concern for inside? Thx

Sounds like it from the post above.
  • "Have a YH as well, but prefer the CS4 for the lack of external bucket and the fact that it is conversation quiet....I have to check on it sometimes to make sure it's still running while I'm in another room."
I will know first hand in a few days. Mine is arriving on Monday. These operate at significantly lower temperatures than most compressors like the Yong Heng - just slightly above 70F as I recall vs 120F to 160F. They also do not have a splashing oil bath in the crank case which is what causes the oil to show up in the filters and the often very strong smell you get, depending on the oil you use, from a Yong Heng. They don't have any oil in them, just grease on the pistons that you can replenish easily. Just don't push too much grease in there. Follow the instructions carefully. My CS3 which is of a similar design to the CS4 does not give off any odor that I can sense in a room. and there is no oil showing up in my secondary filter.

What is the fill rate on a GX-4? For instance, how much time does it take to fill a 6.8 liter tank to 310 bar from empty? I'm curious to know the number of liters per hour it fills tanks.

The factory description states the following:
  • 15% Faster Filling Speed: Filling 0.5L tank from 3000Psi to 4500psi ,only needs 4-5 minutes. Filling 0.5L from 0-4500psi, only needs 14-16 minutes. Filling 6.8 liter bottle from 0-4500psi, 2 hours and 40 minutes
My Yong Heng can fill a 66 cubic foot tank (compressed air capacity at 4500 PSI, not tank volume) in about that much time, so it is going to be significantly slower than the Yong Heng, but it will easily hit 4500 PSI without straining which my Yong Heng will not and I can stand to have it running while watching a video or talking on the phone at 70 dB. That is why I am planning to keep the Yong Hang as noted above to fill tanks to about 3000 PSI then go to 4500 PSI with the GX CS4 and for 4500 PSI gun fills. (No idea on how many liters in volume a 60 cubic tank is but it is a pretty big tank.)

I am not aware of any compressor close to $600 that will get you to 5800 bar besides the GX CS4. If there is something, please share it so I can cancel my Amazon order.

Last edited:
When you say it only runs for 45 minutes, are you shutting it off due to high temperatures or does it have an auto shut off? What is the temperature it shuts off at? What are you filling? Starting bar and ending bar? You’re in the tropics what is the typical temperature and humidity? Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any insight you can provide.

I would say my cs4 is certainly quiet enough to use indoors and has not given off any kind of smell during the hour of use I have on it (3-5minutes at a time, I don't have anything large to fill just yet)

I suggest ordereing this hour meter, I set mine to the higher sensitivity and it works great. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095NY5RLT?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Last edited:
What coolant did they recommend? I know myself and several others on here are using distilled water with water wetter additive.

What coolant did they recommend? I know myself and several others on here are using distilled water with water wetter additive.
This is what they recommended.
I tried to buy water wetter but there was none available on amazon in sizes less than HUGE. hahahahaha. Will try again though.

IMG_9275 2.PNG

When you say it only runs for 45 minutes, are you shutting it off due to high temperatures or does it have an auto shut off? What is the temperature it shuts off at? What are you filling? Starting bar and ending bar? You’re in the tropics what is the typical temperature and humidity? Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any insight you can provide.
IMADMAN, no worries mate.
It shuts off the compressor automatically, I think it's a thermal shutoff...never seen anything in the literature. I leave the water pump on for about 20 minutes, and I can continue filling for another 15-20 minutes.
No idea what it shuts off at...doesn't have a temp gauge...i've ordered one, as well as an hour meter.
Filling 6.8l tank, 100ci tank and Crown 480cc bottle.
Average temps 33C (91F) and RH 75%+.
I've also bought a fan to put behind it to see if the increased air flow helps.
Hope this helps.
I'll update once things arrive.

I would say my cs4 is certainly quiet enough to use indoors and has not given off any kind of smell during the hour of use I have on it (3-5minutes at a time, I don't have anything large to fill just yet)

I suggest ordereing this hour meter, I set mine to the higher sensitivity and it works great. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095NY5RLT?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
HT, nice little hour meter, didn't see that one when I purchased mine. I got the aircraft style version which I'm thinking of putting inline with the pump power button.

I received my GX CS4 a few days ago and I am very impressed. If the CS4 existed when I bought my CS3 last year , I would have gone with the CS4 without question.

My main use for the CS4 is for filling guns / tanks that I want at 4500 psi and maybe some day higher than 4500 psi, which my Yong Heng can't handle even after the HP piston was rebuilt. It just hangs there at about 3300 fps no matter how long I run it once I hit "The Wall". No leaks anywhere on it.

So, just to see how it would do, I filled a newly purchased, used 30 minute / Scott SCBA from ZERO to 4500 PSI all in one go, bleeding the water on the CS4 about every 6-8 minutes. Total fill time was 2 Hrs 43 Minutes. The pump never overheated. Same temperature cooling air at 30 minutes as at 2:43. ( I didn't record the temp...sorry. Will next time. )

Conclusion? Since I usually buy expired tanks for use by me, family and friends and there is no filling service here anyway, I am comfortable filling 30 min / 45 cubic foot tank from empty the first time with the CS4, but I won't make that a routine. Instead I will take the empty tank up to 3000 PSI with the Yong Heng, then finish it off to 4500 with the CS4. It might be sketchy with a 45 min / 66 cu ft but doable based on a partial fill I did on one, but the 60 min / `88 cubic footer might be a bit too long for me. No plans to test a zero to 4500 psi fill on a 60 min SCBA.

The sound level is acceptable. Audible but not annoying if I am in the next room. If I am sitting next to it, I would be wearing earplugs or muffs. If it was running off a silent 12v power source, it would be even more quiet. Going to try that on a deep cycle batter on an AC charger soon.

I hit the 4-6 hr grease time and did one turn to grease it. Didn't notice any changes or drops in PSI like they say sometimes happens for a few minutes after greasing. Very easy to do. I did not open the grease reservoir to see how it works but will do that eventually. My cooling tank was spotless. I flushed it with distilled water several times and each time it came out clear. Running distilled and Ryslone Hy-Per cool. Will be changing to Water Wetter when it arrives.

(Note: Going to post this at the top of this thread as well.)

My order got lost somewhere? Amazon told me there was a shipping issue. I had to cancel the order. Will re order but now I seemed to have lost my Amazon points as well. Re order is costing me like $590.00 now was $565,00 :( Anyone here know the seller?

Was this the message you got? I got the same and just ignored it. The box arrived the next day.

Unexpected problem with completing your order
Message from seller ANKUL:

Hello Valued Buyer
Thanks for choosing our new launched CS4 pcp compressor. We will provide lifetime after-sale support.
Pls keep in mind the important information when you received.
1. Note: For the first use, it must be filled with 500ml of pure water or antifreeze before you turn on power. Otherwise, will cause damage ! !

Total 500ml. we suggest coolant and distilled water mixing with ration 7:3 ( 7 coolant). You can use this kind of coolant: https://www.amazon.com/Zerex-861583-Antifreeze-Coolant-fluid_ounces/dp/B079WZ9DDS/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Zerex+G48&qid=1675316901&refinements=p_76%3A1249128011&rnid=1249126011&rps=1&s=automotive&sr=1-1

notice : when switch on the power, the water pump will work first. be sure to check if the water flows from the upside hole in the water tank into tank.if not flowing, pls contact with us and don't press " start" button to use.

2. Do not turn the grease knob until after 4-6 hours of use, then turn it 1-2 turn. we added before factory. Afterwards, when the speed slows down, turn it around again.
After the break-in period, there is no need to add grease any more if speed is normal.

3. ATTENTION: when filling is complete, please release the bottle valve first (when filling bottle) and then open compressor's bleed valve to release line pressure. All pressure must be released from compressor before next starting.

4. Notice:
This CS4 model was designed with 2 stages of check valve inside. When working, it does not leak. but after turn off power, it may leak pressure from the second stage check valve. For example, 300 bar drops to 200bar in several minutes. This is normal and please don't worry.

When met " Everything sounds fine and works good until 180bar. The unit holds good pressure but will not go above 200bar". It is not defective. You only need to drain the excess grease by refer youtube video.

The max design pressure is 5800psi. but most bottles can only support 4500psi.

Thanks
Jason from GX

It was something to that same effect. I was on the chat. It told me to wait another day. I did. Then today it suggested to cancel and reorder. Never ever had that on Amazon before. No return emails from Ankul. Wonder if I'm going to get two now lol. Problem with all of it is I'm on the road leaving next Thursday for a few days. I really don't want it sitting on my porch.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore