• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

GX CS4 5800 PSI / 400 Bar at Amazon for $586 or $610 Shipped from Factory Site

That's too bad. Hopefully you will get at least one of them in a timely manner. Depending on how it is shipped, mine was UPS, you can request to have it held at the nearest UPS Customer Center or held until a later delivery date. The UPS My Choice thing on ups.com makes it easy.

I ended up filling a 45 min SCBA last night using the Yong Heng to take it close to 4000 psi which is where my YH quits adding more air, then finishing it off with the GX CS4. I didn't keep track of the entire time spent, but it was over 4 hours. I think it would have been close to 5 hours filling it from zero with the GX CS4. Taking it from about 3500 to 4500 with the CS4 went well. I really like the auto shutoff on the GX pumps. The coolant temp never went above 122 F when filling the 30 and the 45 min SCBAs.

Interestingly the CS4 fills faster than the Yong Heng when the tank is above 3000 psi, but the YH fills faster from Zero to about 3K.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I'm using the concentrate I put about 1.5 oz in with the 16 oz of water

Thanks.

Have you checked the temperature of the coolant after 30 minutes of running? I am getting 120 F rock steady for as long as I want to run it with distilled water and Rislone Hy-Per Cool that recommends 1 ounce for every quart of coolant. I put in 0.5 oz. Going to switch to Water Wetter as I don't know if the Rislone provides the right PH, which apparently the Water Wetter does.

The factory website has them in stock now - $610 delivered. See the link at the top of this thread.

Did you fill from Zero PSI? How long did it take?
no about 150 bar to 350
not exactly sure but faster then i expected went to check after about an hour and it had already shut off and was full

Reactions: Geezerhood
Red Line Water Wetter recommends 1 ounce per quart as well. Should we not stick to what the bottle states?

The recommendation on all the additives, Water Wetter included is based on adding it to a 50/50 mix of Antifreeze and Water, not just water. I have no idea what the ideal mixture ratio is when there is no antifreeze in it. Perhaps a call to the maker is needed.

no about 150 bar to 350
not exactly sure but faster then i expected went to check after about an hour and it had already shut off and was full

Are you draining the water trap at regular intervals? I am finding that when I run it more than about 15 minutes when the humidity level is approaching 40%, the water build up fills the water trap in the pump and starts pushing water down the whip hose and into whatever is next in line. Next in line on my set up is the large gold 2 cylinder Tuxing water trap with a molecular sieve in the 2nd cylinder. I ran mine for about 30 minutes by mistake without bleeding it and quite a bit of water came out of the 2nd Tuxing water trap. If the next thing in line was my gun rather than the filter, I would be pumping liquid water into the gun.

When the RH is lower down in the teens, I can go longer. I can get a good idea on how often to bleed it by looking at how much water comes out after 5 minutes, then decreasing or increasing the time to bleed as needed so just a small bit of water comes out from each bleed. Lately as the summer monsoons are arriving, the magic number for bleeding is about 8 minutes.

If you just feed the compressor Nitrogen water is NEVER a concern

PXL_20230410_194616985.jpg

I must be missing something. I know of the air release valve that has some water come out after you pump up a gun/cylinder. Where exactly is the water separator/ water trap? I'll have to pull the cover and look again. Your not speaking of a separate added filter are you?

No. The water separator is built into the part that the bleed valve is attached to. The bleed screw opens the drain for the water captured in that separator as well as releasing the air pressure.

Reactions: Baspinall