• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gx CS3i - brand new - shuts off at 250 bar

I just received my brand new GX CS3i - ordered off of Amazon. I also just got my brand new Uragan 2 - went to fill it for the first time and the GX CS3i shuts itself off when the gun reads 250 bar.
I have tried it a few times now and every time, the compressor shuts down completely - no fans, no lights, and I have to reset the main power switch on the compressor to get the fans to come on. What I have tried:
- a different outlet to ensure that the compressor can draw full current
- restarting the compressor to try to get more than 250 bar in the gun

Has anyone else had this happen? Any suggestions?

My Uragan 2 and Vulcan 3 are happy with 250BAR, tried 300 but Yong Heng was straining, recommend 250. WM
I will probably run it around 250-280 bar fill, but I really want to know why the brand new compressor shuts off. It's like an internal (to the compressor) breaker trips and shuts the whole unit down. Its troubling that the cooling fans also shut down when it happens. And since it's brand new, it seems like it is only going to get worse with time and use.

I will probably run it around 250-280 bar fill, but I really want to know why the brand new compressor shuts off. It's like an internal (to the compressor) breaker trips and shuts the whole unit down. Its troubling that the cooling fans also shut down when it happens. And since it's brand new, it seems like it is only going to get worse with time and use.
Sorry, more familiar with the Yong Heng, hope a GX CS3i owner will chime in. Best of Luck, WM

Reactions: Skiffy52
I have this same compressor and loved it in the beginning, but now I’m working on it more than I’m using it.
Mine shuts off just as yours does without the fan. It seems as though it may be going off because of thermal overload and I’m staying within the run time boundaries that have been set in the owners manual.
This compressor would be everything I would want, if it was not so problematic.
sorry that I was not any help…….maybe there is someone that has more knowledge of this compressor and will chime in.

Reactions: Skiffy52
I have this same compressor and loved it in the beginning, but now I’m working on it more than I’m using it.
Mine shuts off just as yours does without the fan. It seems as though it may be going off because of thermal overload and I’m staying within the run time boundaries that have been set in the owners manual.
This compressor would be everything I would want, if it was not so problematic.
sorry that I was not any help…….maybe there is someone that has more knowledge of this compressor and will chime in.
I contacted GX about the issue. They ended up sending me a video of one of their workers removing an internal breaker. With the breaker removed, the power wire inside of the cabinet was reattached in its place. I performed the operation and mine works great now. I asked GX if they needed to send me a new breaker and they told me that it was no longer needed. I don't know how to post the video here, but if you send me a direct message with your email address, I can forward it to you for you to try.

I contacted GX about the issue. They ended up sending me a video of one of their workers removing an internal breaker. With the breaker removed, the power wire inside of the cabinet was reattached in its place. I performed the operation and mine works great now. I asked GX if they needed to send me a new breaker and they told me that it was no longer needed. I don't know how to post the video here, but if you send me a direct message with your email address, I can forward it to you for you to try.
I would ask them for a replacement breaker if it's still in warranty. Otherwise I would put in my own replacement.