• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

GX CS2 Portable PCP Air Compressor

Hi,
61iwW1C5VL._AC_SX466_.1649113139.jpg

does anyone here use a GX CS2 Portable PCP Air Compressor 4500Psi/30Mpa if so do you recommend and are they good quality?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XYRS15R?ie=UTF8&psc=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=targetforge05-20&linkId=cb8a2f9cc694fce1fb037dace8f5781b&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl 

For the price the GX CS2 seems to be a good unit. A friend of mine has had one for about a year with no issues. He uses it only to fill the 580cc bottles on his and his wife's Crowns. It is no speed demon, but it gets the job done. I actually recommended it to him as it was only going to be used lightly and was reasonably priced. I also recommended that he get the 3 year extended warranty with it, but so far this has not been needed.

We have larger compressors at my house for our weekly shoots, and out at the Cowboy range where we shoot 1-2x per month. So he only uses the little GX when he needs to charge his guns at home, and doesn't have to be in a hurry.

So based on this n=1 I can still recommend them for their price, and performance/reliability so far. Definitely nicely portable.

Reactions: FinnT
There is a youtube channel run by the guy who owns Target Forge and he is recommending this unit, I believe. He has a Yong Heng and multiple bottles but likes filling his guns directly with this little compressor. I think I saw one of these that will work off a rechargeable battery. Seems like they have some interesting ideas. The Target Forge just did a video about hooking this little compressor to his off road vehicle.

For now, at least, I plan to continue using my Yong Heng and 45 minute SCBA tank.

I’ve had this exact unit (GX CS2) for a couple months. It works great, fills my 6 PCPs fine - including two bottle guns. It is surprising quiet - I use it in the living room with no complaints. It also works off your car battery (I left the car running) - so its super convenient, more so than lugging around a large air tank. I bought the 4 year warranty from Amazon. I’ve watched some YouTube videos on maintenance - if you keep them greased, they keep running.

I have one, mainly for backup and portable use if I ever actually take my guns away from home to shoot. I will second TMH's comments. It's not terribly fast but tops up a 480cc bottle in probably 3-4 minutes more or less. They are billed as no oil, just periodic greasing. BUT, mine has crankcase fill and drain ports and a sight glass level indicator. I opted to put oil in it. So far no problem, but again, I've probably only done a couple dozen top ups since I've owned it. I have a Yong Heng and Hill ec3000 that do 99% of my fills.

Another thing. The one I got came wired so that the fans only ran when the compressor was switched on and running. That didn't allow for cool down fan at the end of a fill. After noticing in a couple Youtube vids that their fans started blowing as soon as the compressor leads were connected to 12v I opened her up and moved the fan wires in front of the switch instead of after it. Pretty simple operation really. No wires to cut, just screw clamp type connections.

So, it's a nice little compressor for topping up guns. I doubt it would last long filling big tanks. And I honestly can't vouch for its long term or heavy use.

I have had the cs3 almost 2 yrs. Supposedly it was refurb. I use it to fill a 60 ci bottle. I run 15-20 min then let fan cool 15-20 then run again. It's not fast, but it seems to be working same as always. I would estimate 15-20 hrs run time so far.

Recently got the 18v battery run version. Cute how tiny it is. Is simpler design and a tad slower.

Contemplating getting this one or a Yong Heng, but I love how this one is smaller and more portable and on battery.

Yong Heng or a CS2?

It is depend on what you planning to do.

The Yong Heng is better to fill a large tank and fill you gun with the tank. It is nice to fill the gun this way because you are done in 20 seconds. The downsize is that it is noisy and more gear you need to buy to make it work. Be prepare to spent at least another $300 for used tank, fill whip, upgrade pump, water absorber. This is what I'm using now. If you get a used SCBA tank it would be very portable and fast to fill a gun. My Yong Heng is currently having a hard time going above 4000 PSI. You also need a 20 Amps circuit. 15 amp may work if that is all you are using. 

I have done a lot of research and find that the CS2 is a good buy. CS3 is slightly better but not $100 dollars better. I just ordered a CS2 from Amazon for $370 and can't wait to try it out. E-bay have it under $300 but it does not include the power supply and don't want to deal with China E-bay return policy. The CS2 will take 10 to 15 minutes to fill an average gun vs 20 seconds using a tank. Be carefull when using the car battery. Must keep your car running because the CS2 can draw more than 25 amps at 12V DC.

Nice thing about the Yong Heng is that you spend 20 to 30 minutes to top off a big tank and you will get 12 plus 20 seconds fill out of it. The CS2 will be nice and quiet. I don't have the CS2 yet, so i can't give you an honest opinion. 

I hope this help.

I've had my GX-CS2 for over a year and it's still going strong. Just remember to monitor the heat at the head and not let it get too hot. I run a maximum of 15 minutes at a time; and I've only had to run it that long once because it had a leak at the quick-disconnect. It's ultra-portable, not fussy, relatively quiet, and, if you've been using a hand pump, you'll be shooting more than ever before and wondering why you didn't get a compressor from the start. LoL . I shoot 3 or 4 times a week, and probably do 30 minutes worth of compressor run-time during each of those shooting sessions. That adds up to a LOT of hours that I have on my CS2, and it is still working like new. If it died tomorrow, I'd buy another one.

I got mine from Amazon.

I use it (GX-CS2) only to fill rifles and pistols, NOT bottles. It will generally fill a 480cc tank from 120/130 bar to 250/270 bar in 8-12 minutes. I use a Yong-Heng for my scba tanks and as a back-up for the CS2 should it fail unexpectedly.

Hope this helps.

I use it (GX-CS2) only to fill rifles and pistols, NOT bottles. It will generally fill a 480cc tank from 120/130 bar to 250/270 bar in 8-12 minutes. I use a Yong-Heng for my scba tanks and as a back-up for the CS2 should it fail unexpectedly.

Hope this helps.

I get the exact same results...10 mins for my 480cc tank. My compressor has never gone above 90 degrees in a 70 degree room.

I attached a hour meter to keep track of maintenance along with the fan blowing on both the power supply and the pump.

comp.1649373522.jpeg

Cant speak as to the longevity as mine has only 2 hours of total use.

If you do get one please heed the instructions not to start the pump under load. When I was researching on youtube it seemed like 90% of the reviewers did not follow that warning.

Hello everybody, greetings from Peru…👋👋👋. Some time ago, I decided to abandon my shotguns and my beloved shells, but since two years ago I was thinking to buy a PCP. Given this, I’m a Rookie in the airgun world, and recently I subscribed to this exciting community. Please let me share a couple of questions regarding the GX CS2. Maybe someone can help giving me useful hints.

Last Monday, I bought a new Kalibrgun Cricket 2 Tactical cal 22 and today arrived my portable CX CS2 (from Amazon US) . My rifle operates at 300bar, do you know if it is possible to fill up to 300bar using the GX CS2 without causing any damage to the air compressor? I think that somewhere I read that it was recommended not to surpass 250bar. If this is correct, I will lose 50bar of rifle capacity which I don’t want. Any tip will be more than welcome.

On the other hand, the compressor doesn’t include the grase/oil syringe anymore. What do you recommend me to do? What kind of synthetic oil should I look for and how often is necessary to apply it?

Well thank you and have a save shooting