GX CS2 most hours of use.

I have a GX CS2 pump that I bought in January 4th, 2021. It appears to have lost the ability to hold pressure, as of April 13th, 2024. So a little over 3 years of solid use.

I did not use it very often but my usage could easily be called "hard", when it was used. I filled up two SCBA bottles with it, turning the pump on and off on a timer to keep the pump temperature down.

Sometime this summer I'll take the pump apart to see if it's an easy rebuild or not.

I have had one for a year. Running good still. If you are only filling guns I personally would buy the cs2 over the 4. The 4 looks super nice but I think it is more than needed for just filling guns. The parts to rebuild the cs2 can be gotten at target forge in California. When the pump slows down I think you can replace the whole piston assembly for 50-60 dollars.

Reactions: LONESTAR .25
Trucker3573 nailed it. I have 3 Cx2 compressors at different locations and had a Cs3 and a cs4. I got rid of the 3&4 because they were more than I needed. I only fill guns and for that they can't be beat. I actually gave one to a fellow who bought the cs3 and told him to abuse it. Nine months later he bought my cs3 and returned the cs2. There was some small amount of corrosion in the gauge block and that was it. Of all that I have none have failed and I've had one fully apart to see wear and it was near perfect.